We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stop over hotel along I-40E near on way to Myrtle Beach

illinois
3 posts
Stop over hotel along I-40E near on way to Myrtle Beach

Looking for a nice clean hotel along I-40E around Knoxville area to stay overnight before heading to Myrtle Beach the next morning. We're traveling from Illinois and plan on getting most of the driving in the first day so only have to drive 4 to 5 hours to Myrtle Beach the next day.

Beaufort, South...
Level Contributor
30 posts
1. Re: Stop over hotel along I-40E near on way to Myrtle Beach

Several good places along 1-75 or along 1-40 in Knoxville. Really depends on what you are willing to spend and size of party. www.knoxville.org/stay

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
4,138 posts
438 reviews
2. Re: Stop over hotel along I-40E near on way to Myrtle Beach

Staying around Knoxville will put you much more than a 4-5 hour drive to MB. If you want to be that close you should consider Asheville which is around 5-1/2hrs or something outside of Spartanburg which is around 4 hours.

illinois
3 posts
3. Re: Stop over hotel along I-40E near on way to Myrtle Beach

The knoxville.org website came in handy. My husband did inform me that MB would be at least 7 hours from Knoxville. We may still consider Knoxville so to catch a few attractions that evening or look into the Asheville or Spartanburg area. Thanks for the inputs,

Townsend, Tennessee
Level Contributor
969 posts
14 reviews
4. Re: Stop over hotel along I-40E near on way to Myrtle Beach

Getting over the Smoky Mountains and into North Carolina will make day 2 a much easier day. Several nice hotels by the Asheville A/P - I've stayed at the Holiday Inn - clean and convenient.

Oak Ridge, Tennessee
2 posts
5. Re: Stop over hotel along I-40E near on way to Myrtle Beach

Comfort Suites and the Country Inn & Suites off Campbell Station Road is easy access from Interstate 40/75. Also..Turkey Creek Shopping District is close by with tons of shopping and restraurants.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
6. Re: Stop over hotel along I-40E near on way to Myrtle Beach

Stop by Litton's Market Restaurant for great road food when you go by Knoxville on I 640.

http://www.littonsburgers.com/

illinois
3 posts
7. Re: Stop over hotel along I-40E near on way to Myrtle Beach

We just got back from our trip to MB. We ended up staying at a brand new Hampton Inn - Turkey Creek in Knoxville area which was very impressive. There was a nice movie theater not far from the hotel in the Turkey Creek Shopping Center where we caught a movie that evening & had tons of restaurants to choose from too. Headed to MB at 6:30am next morning which worked out well for us. We hit the mountains around mid-morning on a Saturday so traffic was minimal. Thanks for the great tips!

8. Re: Stop over hotel along I-40E near on way to Myrtle Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2013, 10:23
Get answers to your questions about Knoxville
More Knoxville Topics