We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 star hotel

Which Chattanooga hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
41 posts
102 reviews
Save Topic
4 star hotel

I see that the Chattanoogan is listed as a four star hotel. I thought I read that they are undergoing some renovations. Is this a good place to stay in the next month? Can you recommend other good hotels in the downtown area where it's safe to walk?

Somewhere on Earth...
Level Contributor
1,685 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 star hotel

I work right beside the Chattanoogan and haven't noticed any renovation work - not to say that it still couldn't be going on. About any hotel near the river (Aquaruim) end of Chatt. will be safe and a great place to walk around in the evenings.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
41 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 star hotel

When you read reviews you come across a lot of different comments. Someone posted one that they were starting to renovate the rooms at the Chattanoogan last month. I see that Priceline is offering a very competitive price on a four star downtown hotel and this is the only hotel I can find in Chattanooga listed as four stars, The Priceline site of course doesn't name the hotel. If this is true,I wondered if the reason for the discount is due to renovations going on.I read a comment somewhere also that the Chattanoogan is not really close to the Aquarium section of the riverfront. It looks to me that is it close on the map, so???

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,524 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 star hotel

As always, depends what you mean by "close". It's about ten blocks to the aquarium, but you can use the electric shuttle. So you're not right there like if you stayed at Bluff View or the Hilton or Courtyard, but you're not far.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
41 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 star hotel

Thank you. That seems close enough.

Somewhere on Earth...
Level Contributor
1,685 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4 star hotel

To double-check on the renovation comment: I just called the Chattanoogan. You're correct on work going on. They said the 4th & 5th floor renovations have been completed and the 2nd floor is ongoing. She didn't have a date when the work is to be completed. Any hotel from the Chattanoogan toward the aquarium should be fine. The Chattanoogan is about a mile away from the aquarium/riverfront. The Broad Street Grille at the Chattanoogan has a good $10 daily buffet.

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
7,283 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 4 star hotel

Maybe it is the Chattanooga Choo Choo that is starting to renovate rooms. They could certainly used an update.

Others in a closer proximity to all the actions would be: Doubletree, Marriott Courtyard and Residence Inn and Hilton Garden Hill. There is The Sheraton Read House also.

7. Re: 4 star hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2010, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Chattanooga