We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there a way to give a bad review for th whole town?

Simpsonville, South...
Level Contributor
1 post
44 reviews
Is there a way to give a bad review for th whole town?

My wife and I saw the signs driving to charleston and decided to stop on the way back the Monday of Labor Day weekend. The whole town is closed except a few restaurants. Someone should speak to chamber of commerce. I cede you the dubious sweet tea claim and I was ready to spend the afternoon exploring your shops. Now I am just annoyed for having taken the detour. I applaud the initiative to be a tourist destination. My advice is if this is the path you want to go down, be open for the tourists.

15 replies to this topic
Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
13,178 posts
45 reviews
1. Re: Is there a way to give a bad review for th whole town?

If you want chain stores.... they will always be open. Private, locally owned shops are more likely to be closed on Sundays and Holidays. Those people want to enjoy time with their families as well. Apparently, they want it enough to be closed and lose the income for that day. Give them a break.

Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
7,502 posts
119 reviews
2. Re: Is there a way to give a bad review for th whole town?

I'll bet everything in Simpsonville was open on Labor Day. I

3. Re: Is there a way to give a bad review for th whole town?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 March 2016, 02:35

4. Re: Is there a way to give a bad review for th whole town?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 March 2016, 02:35

Summerville, South...
Level Contributor
118 posts
67 reviews
5. Re: Is there a way to give a bad review for th whole town?

I am sorry for your bad experience. Summerville is a wonderful city with some great dining and shopping. I hope you will give it another go sometime!

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,178 posts
45 reviews
6. Re: Is there a way to give a bad review for th whole town?

This post is a year and half old!

Summerville, South...
Level Contributor
118 posts
67 reviews
7. Re: Is there a way to give a bad review for th whole town?

Yes, I know. But he will get a notification from TA about a comment and just maybe he will find out how fabulous Summerville is.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,178 posts
45 reviews
8. Re: Is there a way to give a bad review for th whole town?

Maybe he will and maybe he won't. It depends on whether he requested email notification when responses are posted.

Summerville, South...
1 post
1 review
9. Re: Is there a way to give a bad review for th whole town?

An old southern town with shops closed on a Sunday or Holiday? The parks were open, taking a walk would have been great for you. Enjoying a walk around the historic homes, or sitting in town square and chatting with locals? The shops may have been closed but the town itself was not.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,178 posts
45 reviews
10. Re: Is there a way to give a bad review for th whole town?

Noahcat.... this post is well over 2 years old.

Reply to: Is there a way to give a bad review for th whole town?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Summerville