We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

May 19-22

Dallas
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
May 19-22

Hi y'all. Quick questions if you could help out.

How's westgate resorts for myrtle beach?

Is the water safe for swimming?

Fun acivities for boys ages 20-21 not bars. Lol we were thinking zip lining.

Any other info for a family of 5?

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
271 reviews
1. Re: May 19-22

The water is fine, don't listen to a few posters trying to scare people. There really is no great zip lining in MB. The one at the pavilion and at BatB are not very good. Sorry but I have not stayed at Westgate

Dallas
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
2. Re: May 19-22

Thanks for your input.

Is north myrtle beach really that far? we were thinking of wyndham there .

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
594 posts
46 reviews
3. Re: May 19-22

MB is 40 miles long from one end to the other. There is plenty for boys that age. Google Broadway at the Beach. My niece loves it there. There is Myrtle Waves Water Park, Race Cars, the Boardwalk, Barefoot Landing (another outdoor areas with shop, but not rides like Broadway). These are all in MB itself. Depending on weather, if it's a weekend, etc. from NMB to MB can take 15 minutes or an hour depending on traffic. I'm there about six times a year throughout the year (family lives there) and the summer traffic has gotten pretty bad.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
11,755 posts
156 reviews
4. Re: May 19-22

Barefoot Landing is in North Myrtle Beach. It is very similar to Broadway at the Beach. Both large entertainment/restaurant/shopping/attraction complexes. Kids of all ages can find something they love there. And of course there are tons of mini golf courses all over the place. Many families stay in North Myrtle Beach and head to some of the attractions and shopping in Myrtle Beach. No, not that far at all. You can take Hwy 31 and bypass a lot of traffic and lights. Easy drive.

Yes, water is safe for swimming. The ocean still might be a little chilly in mid-May though. But kids are tough! ;)

Edited: 15 April 2016, 21:34
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
229 posts
8 reviews
5. Re: May 19-22

Don't forget about fishing. My adult son spends most of his beach vacation fishing. There are many piers in the area to try. This year we may also try jet ski rental for fun.

North Myrtle Beach...
Level Contributor
79 posts
120 reviews
6. Re: May 19-22

Sanabel condos are in N. Myrtle Beach and next to them is banana boat rides and parasailing. It is just a couple of miles to Barefoot Landing to the south, just south of there is the Mall, and just south of there is the outlet mall.NMB Main Street to the north which has a bunch of fun, beach theme stores and restaurants with a small town beach feel. There are golf courses nearby, too, and putt putt golf courses.

Be sure to get a coupon booklet, so many of the attractions and restaurants offer discounts with coupons.

If you do a condo, go with owner managed and you will get a cleaner condo. So on sites like VRBO it will tell you in the search if it is owner or professional manager managed. Then if you like the place, book your next stay with the owner directly and avoid the booking fee that VRBO, Trip Advisor and ABB and professional managers all have. Wyndham is there but it is a huge complex so the halls are more crowded and the beach in front of the complex will be more crowded.

Poughkeepsie, NY
Level Contributor
184 posts
39 reviews
7. Re: May 19-22

You mentioned zip-lining, and this is a place we have been thinking of trying. Seems fun !

https://goape.com/zip-line/north-myrtle-beach

Dallas
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
8. Re: May 19-22

We ended up choosing avista in north myrtle beach. I'm excited. Hopefully it'll be a little away from the biker crowds.

Murrells Inlet...
Level Contributor
995 posts
24 reviews
9. Re: May 19-22

There is another zip line course near the airport, Radical Ropes. It looks decent. Drive past it every morning on my way to work. My kids are too young or else I'd go!

I'd consider renting jet skis with kids that age. That would be fun. Or parasailing. There is so much to do with older kids here. I can't wait until mine get old enough!

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
271 reviews
10. Re: May 19-22

You be fine. Don't worry about the end of bike week.