We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First week of April - spring break crowds?

Kentucky
Level Contributor
9 posts
41 reviews
First week of April - spring break crowds?

I want to avoid the crazy party crowds. Is it going to be bad the first week of April?

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
10,251 posts
12 reviews
1. Re: First week of April - spring break crowds?

There are no crazy party crowds at the beaches in SC...college kids go to south FL or Mexico.

Not warm enough.

Canton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
Level Contributor
3,970 posts
284 reviews
2. Re: First week of April - spring break crowds?

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g54359-i25-k922462…

Kentucky
Level Contributor
9 posts
41 reviews
3. Re: First week of April - spring break crowds?

I'm confused...why then do I see articles all over the internet saying that MB is voted one of the trashiest spring break locations.

I know bike week, etc can be rowdier but that really isn't in spring.

Canton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
Level Contributor
3,970 posts
284 reviews
4. Re: First week of April - spring break crowds?

Can't say I have seen any articles about MB being voted for anything for spring break. If anything, it may be voted too lame and too cold for college kids which could be the equivalent to "trashiest spring break location", but you would have to question the people who wrote this article you referenced to be sure.

I have seen events being advertised for spring break, and I am sure there will be some kids there, but it will not be like Florida or Mexico.

FYI, there are three bike weeks I know about that take place in Myrtle Beach / The Grand Strand, two of them are in the spring and one is in the fall.

In general, there will not be a lot of people in The Grand Strand in April when comparing to June through August. However, if you are wanting a more relaxed stay, regardless the time of year, I suggest not staying in the hubbub, which is the lower number avenues of Myrtle Beach Proper.

Staying to the south is a good solution to be in a lesser populated area. (Springmaid Beach, Surfside Beach, Garden City, Litchfield Beach, Pawleys Island)

Edited: 02 February 2016, 18:02
5. Re: First week of April - spring break crowds?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2017, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach