We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Reef

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
b s
Canada
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Topic
Ocean Reef

Planning on booking with the Ocean Reef right after Bike Week. Should I go ahead and book with this place or look for something else?

Happy Valley...
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean Reef

Our group of 7 (4 adults, 3 children) stayed at the Ocean Reef in 2003, 2004, 2005, 2007 and 2008. We didn't go in 2006 because we went to Walt Disney World in Florida and we didn't stay in 2009 because we tried a vacation timeshare sampler at South Beach Resort at Myrtle Beach ( now called Holiday Inn Club Vacations)(hope I never go back there again) We aren't going to Myrtle Beach this year because I am broke, since we remodeled our livingroom all the ways down to the 50 inch Plasma HDTV. (A beautiful thing!) Anyway, each time We stayed at the Ocean Reef, we stayed in a 3 bdrm angle-oceanfront room. I think it is a great place to stay. There are 2 pools, 1 is heated. A heated Lazy River, I think 4 jacuzzis, and a couple of kiddie pools. Great oceanfront wiews and in my opinion, nice and quiet. Clean Resort each time we stayed there, friendly staff. I have nothing bad to say about our 5 stays there. Each stay was 6 or 7 nights long.

Beautiful Part of Myrtle Beach, within DRIVING distance to alot of restaurants and beach shops. away from the hectic center. Some parking by Resort, but most across the street in a parking lot and in the resort parking garage.

I think there is a Starbucks in the adjacent Resort(LongBay Resort) and in The Sands resorts up the street is a RiverCity cafe with great burgers. Carrabbas and Outback Steakhouse within 1/2 mile

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean Reef

It's in a great area. I've stayed there twice & would return if I needed a hotel (have been staying in condos the last few years).

b s
Canada
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocean Reef

Thanks for the info. You've been very helpful and I 've made up my mind.... I am definitely going to be booking with them. I'll have to try the restaurants that you have suggested also.

Hope your enjoying your plasma......great investment!!!! Thats the way to go...HGTV. Awesome.

Happy Valley...
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Ocean Reef

After you get back from the Ocean reef, Please let me know how your stay went and if you had any problems while you were there

Edited: 05 February 2010, 04:01
NC
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ocean Reef

Ocean Reef is nice; we prefer their North Tower condos. On-site restaurant had a good breakfast buffet. (Long Bay Resort, located next door, has some nice units in the MAIN section of their hotel.)

Typically, there are 2 different 'Bike Weeks' during the month of May. No problem if you're going after the month of May, you'll miss them both. The first one, 'Spring Bike Week' is mostly Harley-Davidson riders. The later one, near Memorial Day, has more of the high-speed foreign bikes ('crotch rockets').

Hope you enjoy your time there.

GM

Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
65 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ocean Reef

Ocean Reef is nice, if you like to stay in that area of the beach. My family prefers Compass Cove but they are on the south end of the boulevard. I think they are affiliated if I'm not mistaken. I know I've seen Ocean Reef listed on their website, but I've never stayed there personally. I live in MB and usually look for places for when my family and friends come to town. I am not sure of all the amenities that Ocean Reef offers, but I know a few people who have stayed there before and they had no complaints!

Hope you have a good time!

7. Re: Ocean Reef

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2010, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach