We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

teens in Hilton Head next week!

Ohio
Level Contributor
62 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
teens in Hilton Head next week!

Ok, so I'm going to be at HH next week with 5 or so 17-1 year olds. Looking for stuff to do for cheap that isn't "lame". What are good beaches, maybe a joint w/bands at night? Teen night? (however, my almost 19 year old informed us he almost isn't a teen anymore), etc... Smoothies, etc

TIA

Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
2,981 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: teens in Hilton Head next week!

You didn't indicate in what area of the island you are staying. Most people will go to the beach closest to them.

They will like Wild wings. They have music on the weekend, and lots of wings.

The Big Bamboo is an interesting and more reasonable restaurant with music some nights. It has the ambiance of a WWII officers club in the pacific.

Otherwise they will want to spend time biking, and playing sports.

Stan (hhiguy)

Ohio
Level Contributor
62 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: teens in Hilton Head next week!

Thanks. We'll be staying in Sea Pines. Any suggestions for booking a large group for kayaking or boating? I read about an island or dolphins. Anywhere from 5-10 kids, depending on whether we split up, plus adults.

Mentioned in this post
Sea Pines Resort
Sea Pines Resort
318 Reviews
Hilton Head, SC
Coconut Creek...
Level Contributor
157 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: teens in Hilton Head next week!

We took a boat to Savanha. It was great fun. We had several hours in town with many things to do. It might be too expensive, I don't remember the cost.

Vermont
Level Contributor
24 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: teens in Hilton Head next week!

We take our teens and go with several others to Sea Pines every April. The kids need nothing more than the beach, bikes, freedom, and each other. The place is a great, safe place to ride around, lay around, and explore. A few bucks for snacks and their all set, have fun!

Mentioned in this post
Sea Pines Resort
Sea Pines Resort
318 Reviews
Hilton Head, SC
Ohio
Level Contributor
62 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: teens in Hilton Head next week!

We're staying in Sea Pines-which beaches, coffee shops, smoothies? Salty dog? Movies? Kayaks? They're track distance runners, so they'll get their runs in.

Mentioned in this post
Sea Pines Resort
Sea Pines Resort
318 Reviews
Hilton Head, SC
Salty Dog Cafe
Salty Dog Cafe
3,655 Reviews
Hilton Head, SC
6. Re: teens in Hilton Head next week!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2010, 05:19