We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Review

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Review

Looking at booking a room at the Holiday Inn located at I-85 & Augusta Rd. Tell me if its a "hit" or "miss" kinds hotel. I'm a very picky traveler so would I be happy here? Thanks.

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
192 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Review

It's not the best location in terms of surrounding area. Are you staying in Greenville? If your just passing through I would consider Pelham road exit 54. It's a much nicer part of town with several hotel options...Hampton Inn, Fairfield Inn, and a nice Courtyard Marriot to name only a few. Also, good dining options.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Review

I would be staying in Greenville. What other area besides downtown is a good place to stay as the downtown hotels seems to be more costly?

Thanks!

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
192 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Review

Whether your here on business or for pleasure my bias is to get you downtown. If you haven't experienced downtown Greenville you're going to love it. Consider Holiday Inn Express 407 N. Main Street.

Otherwise there are two others; 851 Congaree Rd & 1036 Woodruff Road. If you're familiar with "name your own price" with Priceline, I notice that the Crown Plaza just went for $48/night and the Embassy Suites went for $44. There are really many options it's just that you inadvertently picked one of the few hotels that borders less desirable part of town. Hope this helps!

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Review

Are the other two located in downtown Greenville? I've tried priceline twice before and got an okay price for the hotel I selected. I hear it's a science to getting a great deal. What area # is downtown Greenville considered to be in so I can try Priceline?

Thanks for the tip.

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
192 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Review

Sorry for the slow response! I hope it's not too late.

The other HI's are not downtown but they're only a quick drive to downtown.

On Priceline, all nearby hotels are area 2. To do Priceline right you need Bidding For Travel where people post what Priceline accepted and what hotel they got. Go to http://biddingfortravel.yuku.com/. From that page, scroll down to South Carolina and click. On this page you can view recent activity...see what Hotels are accepting what prices. At the top is the "Hotel List" so you can see which hotels are participating. Its not foolproof but hopefully it helps you not start your bid too high.

Edited: 07 May 2011, 23:25
North Carolina
Level Contributor
6 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Review

What is the best hotel if attending an event at the Bi-Lo center (Avetts in December? are there any hostels downtown ??

Edited: 26 September 2011, 17:58
Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
192 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Review

I'm not aware of any Hostels. The two closest hotels are the Hyatt and the Holliday Inn Express. Both are walking distance to the Bi-Lo Center.

8. Re: Hotel Review

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 01:17
Get answers to your questions about Greenville