We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CHS Rental Cars - need better rate, price too high

Rochester, MN
Level Contributor
1,053 posts
219 reviews
Save Topic
CHS Rental Cars - need better rate, price too high

We are visiting the Charleston area early April. Spending 6 nights total (with 1/2 the time in the Myrtle Beach area 1/2 in Charleston area).

I have a compact rental booked with National (CHS location) currently at around $200 total for the 6 nights. This is with my wife's corp. discount nonetheless - even with the discount, this rate seems much too high for less than a week's rental. I have rented in the past for 1 full wk, compact, at $150 to $175 nearly without exception.

Are there local rental companies where I could look into getting a better rate? Or off airport locations? Other options?

Note our first night, will be staying at the Comfort Suites West Ashley after flying in around 9PM that night.

Mentioned in this post
Charleston
Charleston
Coastal South Carolina, SC
Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach
Coastal South Carolina, SC
Ashley Inn
Ashley Inn
337 Reviews
Charleston, SC
Charleston’s Old South Carriage...
630 Reviews
from US$26.00*
Free Cancellation
Charleston Harbor History Tour
407 Reviews
from US$27.56*
Downtown Charleston Culinary Tour
163 Reviews
from US$65.00*
Free Cancellation
Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
9,079 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: CHS Rental Cars - need better rate, price too high

Enterprise also has an airport location. Actually just off the airport (2 minutes away on International Boulevard); but they pick you up at the airport when you arrive and take you back there for your return flight. Enterprise has differentiated itself with the "we pick you up and drop you off" message.

Definitely call your preferred Enterprise location to check on the options. You might even be able to pick the car up in West Ashley and return it to the airport location at no additional charge.

Edited: 21 March 2011, 15:31
Mentioned in this post
Ashley Inn
Ashley Inn
337 Reviews
Charleston, SC
12. Re: CHS Rental Cars - need better rate, price too high

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 03:18