We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Take a day from our Mystic trip to visit Block Island?

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Take a day from our Mystic trip to visit Block Island?

Hi, Block Ilsand experts,

I will be visiting Mystic, CT for a short 3 day 2 night trip with my kids (ages 12, 11, 8) next week. I had planned to do the Argia schooner cruise, but a friend suggested that instead we might want to consider taking a ferry to Block Island and spend a part of a day, or all day, there. I know this is not an even trade when it comes to time (Argia cruise ~2 hrs vs. Block Island much more than 2 hrs.) My sense is there is plenty to do and see in Mystic for our time there without adding in Block Island; however, I'm sure Block Island would be beautiful and a wonderful experience as well. My kids and I are spontaneous and enjoy being "on the go" so we would be willing to add it in if it's a "Do Not Miss" while we're in the area. My question is do you recommend doing the Block Island excursion?

P.S. I've also posted this on the Mystic forum

Mentioned in this post
Mystic
Mystic
Connecticut
Block Island
Block Island
Rhode Island
Level Contributor
382 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Take a day from our Mystic trip to visit Block Island?

Block Island is stunningly beautiful. For how easy it would be to get there from Mystic, it would make for something memorable.

Mentioned in this post
Block Island
Block Island
Rhode Island
Stafford Springs
Level Contributor
6 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Take a day from our Mystic trip to visit Block Island?

Block Island is beautiful if you want to go to the beach. There's plenty to see on the island scenery wise, but you'd have to rent bikes to get around and it's pretty hilly. Unless you want to go spend half the day at the beach, I'd probably just stick with the Agria cruise - you're right that there is plenty to do in Mystic. If you do want to go over for the day, you can walk to the town beach easily and they rent chairs and umbrellas. If you take an early ferry, you can be on the beach by 9:30AM-10AM and stay a couple of hours, go back downtown for lunch and then head back to CT.

Mentioned in this post
Block Island
Block Island
Rhode Island
Mystic
Mystic
Connecticut
3. Re: Take a day from our Mystic trip to visit Block Island?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2017, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Block Island
Recent Conversations
;