We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trip

2 posts
Save Topic
Day Trip

Is it worth the trip if I only have three hours to tour Block Island in my Wrangler?

Mentioned in this post
Block Island
Block Island
Rhode Island
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,146 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Trip

Leave the Wrangler at the dock. Take the passenger ferry and rent a bike or moped on the island. easily done with just 3 hours.

Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Block Island
Level Contributor
4,883 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day Trip

You can certainly see the "highlights" of the island in 3 hours, the lighthouses, beaches, cliffs, etc, but you don't get the flavor in 3 hours, at least I don't think. I also agree with the use of a moped, or if you really want to see the island's highlights, and get some great history as well, take a taxi tour, right from the dock, which will last about an hour, maybe a little longer.

JDP

2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Day Trip

Thank you!

4. Re: Day Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 July 2017, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Block Island