We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Block Island day trip, just walking, w/ 2 & 4 year old kids?

Woonsocket, Rhode...
1 post
Block Island day trip, just walking, w/ 2 & 4 year old kids?

I was planning on taking the high speed ferry from Pt. Judith with my 2 and 4 year old kids, and don't want to rent bikes/mopeds or do a taxi tour (they would need carseats...) Is there enough to do within walking distance of the ferry landing for it to be worth going for the day, and not be totally exhausting? Would like to do some shops, restaurants, fun kid attractions, maybe the beach for a little while. Thanks!

Worcester...
Level Contributor
2 posts
83 reviews
1. Re: Block Island day trip, just walking, w/ 2 & 4 year old kids?

How'd it go? I am thinking of going with my 3 kids, 9, 7 and 3. I am wondering if I should take the car over or just walk and bring a stroller?

Bethlehem...
Level Contributor
108 posts
8 reviews
2. Re: Block Island day trip, just walking, w/ 2 & 4 year old kids?

If you haven't got a car reservation by now, chances are slim to none that you'll be able to get your car on the ferry. So I think walking and bringing a stroller would be your option.

Cranston, Rhode...
Level Contributor
163 posts
16 reviews
3. Re: Block Island day trip, just walking, w/ 2 & 4 year old kids?

For just a day you will be fine with the stroller. You have the beach at Ballards to your left when you get off the ferry. In that same direction, maybe 1/2 mile away is a zoo for the kids. They have a new area with alpaca's that has an enclosure in which you are free to walk about and pet them. The babies were incredibly cute when we were there last month.

Plenty of shops to poke around with the Star right across the street if you need sunscreen or beach toys. For food, Aldo's restaurant is a nice casual place with two ice cream shops right there.

Bethlehem...
Level Contributor
108 posts
8 reviews
4. Re: Block Island day trip, just walking, w/ 2 & 4 year old kids?

See my post under New harbor food options.

5. Re: Block Island day trip, just walking, w/ 2 & 4 year old kids?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2017, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Block Island
Recent Conversations