We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anniversary This August - One Night Getaway Suggestions

Canfield, Ohio
Level Contributor
675 posts
Save Topic
Anniversary This August - One Night Getaway Suggestions

Hi,

My wife and I will be celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary this August. I know it's early, but I would like to surprise her with a night out with no kids. We live about 90 minutes from downtown Pittsburgh. I'm not too sure yet if I want to go into the city or stay on the outskirts on western PA. I do know I just want a nice place with an excellent restaurant nearby and a very nice hotel with an oversized jacuzzi and scenic view. I'll save the cruise trip for our 25th BTW. Thanks in advance for your help.

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,852 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anniversary This August - One Night Getaway Suggestions

Try Nemacolin Woodlands. It's about another hour or so south of Pittsburgh, but for a quiet, romantic getaway, it's the place!

If you'd rather stay in the city, try the Marriot City Center. The Steelhead Brasserie is right in the hotel.

Canfield, Ohio
Level Contributor
675 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Anniversary This August - One Night Getaway Suggestions

Thanks. I've got plenty of time to check into this but I appreciate the quick response.

USA
Level Contributor
54 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anniversary This August - One Night Getaway Suggestions

There is a beautiful hotel near Greensburg that I don't think you'd want to miss...the Mountain View Inn. There is an older, historic section, which is quaint and gorgeous, and then there is a newer section with jacuzzi tubs, fireplaces, and huge sitting rooms. I have stayed here before for special occassions and it can't be beat. Check in to the hotel, bring champagne and fruit (there are mini fridges in the newer section), take the wife to eat at Vallozzis, and enjoy the breathtaking views.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Anniversary This August - One Night Getaway Suggestions

I agree with Gypsy. Nemacolin Woodlands is phenomenal. If you stayed in the city, stay at the Sheraton Station Square. They have the Grand Concourse within walking distance, and Pittsburgh Rare is another great restaurant in the Sheraton. Good views of the city, too.

Vacaville...
Level Contributor
676 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anniversary This August - One Night Getaway Suggestions

Ah Ha! So this is where you're doing your "work"...

LOL What ever you choose to do, don't forget to write back and let us know where you stayed.

See ya on the OTC...

Canfield, Ohio
Level Contributor
675 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Anniversary This August - One Night Getaway Suggestions

Thanks Chick. Will do.

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
18 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anniversary This August - One Night Getaway Suggestions

There's always the Twin Oaks in Cranberry that rents rooms by the hour ;) But seriously, Nemacolin would be a great choice for a romantic weekend.

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
37 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anniversary This August - One Night Getaway Suggestions

I agree with Nemacolin.

For a similar type of getaway (but for less $), try Seven Springs or Hidden Vally -- both have condo units that you can rent.

9. Re: Anniversary This August - One Night Getaway Suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 10:20