We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boscastle in March

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
153 reviews
Boscastle in March

Hi we recently stayed in Boscastle for a long weekend and it was fantastic. The music and beer festival was on and the place had a lively feel about it. We are returning to Boscastle in March for a long weekend and just wondered if it is a lot quieter at this time of year, Also does everything close down over the winter period? Any info would be great. Thanks

9 replies to this topic
Gravesend, United...
Level Contributor
1,079 posts
721 reviews
1. Re: Boscastle in March

Yes it will be quieter, not just because it's March but you were there over the lively Saturday & Sunday beer and music festival so most other times will be quieter than then!

But the off season months are wonderful. Personally I love it when it's quieter. Everything doesn't close down - the atmospheric Cobweb Inn will be open, probably with an open fire, the Riverside Restaurant opens throughout the winter (although I've not eaten there) and The Wellington Hotel will be open, and they sometimes have folk singing in the bar. Maybe some cafés might be closed, but I think the National Trust Café is open year around. Unfortunately the Witchcraft Museum will be closed (it usually opens early April)

Also, the coastal scenery around there is stunning, although the coast path can be a bit strenuous (but worth walking some of it). Also, take yourself up to Penally Point or Willapark - the promontories that overlook the harbour with stunning views.

I am sure you will enjoy it.

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
153 reviews
2. Re: Boscastle in March

Brilliant, thank you for replying, it sounds like there is still plenty to see and do. I can't wait to return to this lovely place 😀

Cornwall, United...
Level Contributor
204 posts
27 reviews
3. Re: Boscastle in March

Good Friday is at the end of March so the season will be properly geared up and open for business by then. Most business remain open throughout so you will be well catered for. It won't be lively but there are nearly always visitors milling around.

Don't forget a visit to Boscastle Farmshop, for probably the best view with a cuppa/meal you will ever have.

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
10,822 posts
18 reviews
4. Re: Boscastle in March

<<Don't forget a visit to Boscastle Farmshop>>

Dangerous place for me to visit....on last trip that I went in, the amount I spent in the shop to take away with me was slightly ridiculous - very very tasty but slightly on the excessive side. :)

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
153 reviews
5. Re: Boscastle in March

Is there a coastal path that leads you to the Farm shop or do you have to walk up the road to reach it? How far is it as well on foot from Boscastle centre?

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
10,822 posts
18 reviews
6. Re: Boscastle in March

its just under half a mile up the road out of the lower village following the road up the hill from the Cobweb.

The SW Coast Path itself does swing very nearby to the farm shop within 100m across their field, and they'd be missing out if they hadn't let a path run over there but I don't actually know if there is a connection like that and I cannot see a path on the latest image in Googlemaps. You need a local resident to know that I suspect.

Cornwall, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
145 reviews
7. Re: Boscastle in March

Yes there is a path from the coast path directly to the Boscastle Farm Shop

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
10,822 posts
18 reviews
8. Re: Boscastle in March

Useful to know, thanks. I may just make use of that next trip down.

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
153 reviews
9. Re: Boscastle in March

Great, thanks for all the helpful replies :-)

Reply to: Boscastle in March
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Boscastle