We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Salbasgeon Inn of the Umpqua

California
13 posts
Save Topic
Salbasgeon Inn of the Umpqua

We are going to stay for two nights at the above hotel on the Umpqua river. Has anyone ever stayed there? I have read information on the Hotel that is in the town of Reedsport but I need information on the Hotel on the Umpqua? If you know of a better place to stay in that area, please advise? My husband is going to be fishing the Umpqua so we need to be within 15 minutes away. Thanks, Jodie

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,730 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Salbasgeon Inn of the Umpqua

I have not stayed at that location, but we have stayed at the Salbasgeon Inn in Corvallis several times. The Corvallis one is very nice, and based on our stays there, I would have no qualms about staying at the Umpqua one. Sorry I can't be of further assistance though.

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
Level Contributor
6,082 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Salbasgeon Inn of the Umpqua

I have not stayed there either but drive by it weekly. I have always been curious b/c it looks very nice from Hwy 38, but I rarely ever see anybody staying there. Very curious. Yes, there is a motel by the same name on Hwy 101 in Reedsport, which also makes me curious.

For what it's worth, the one on Hwy 38 is at about mp 6, which would put it about 7 miles away from the one in Reedsport (10 min?????)

Den

Reedsport, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,065 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Salbasgeon Inn of the Umpqua

All of those Salbasgeon Inns are owned by the same person. They started with the one on the river then built the Best Western in Reedsport & Corvallis. The one on the river is about 10 minutes out of town and right on the highway and pretty much by itself out there. The Best Western in Reedsport is right in the middle of town. Both were customers of mine. In fact I plumbed the gas for the Best Western. When my family visits us they always stay at the Best Western and really like it. I haven't seen any of the rooms at the Umpqua location in years but the outside still looks good. But like I said it's by itself with no other things around. You have to go into town 10 min away for a resturaunt or store.

As for your husbands fishing where will he be going out from? There are guides that go out of Reedsport itself and the ocean charters go out from the town of Winchester Bay a few miles south on 101. About 5 min from downtown Reedsport.

If you have any other questions let me know.

California
13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Salbasgeon Inn of the Umpqua

Thanks for all the info. My husband is fishing with a guide for bass about 45 minutes from the hotel. Jodie

Reedsport, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,065 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Salbasgeon Inn of the Umpqua

Sounds like Smallmouth Bass probably out of Elkton or near there. He will have a blast. I've never done it but my dad went with a guide up there once and had the time of his life. They really put up a good fight. If it's sunny tell him to pack on the sunscreen. He'll get it from the sun and the glare bouncing back off the river.

6. Re: Salbasgeon Inn of the Umpqua

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 14:22
Get answers to your questions about Reedsport