We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Las Vegas,NV, to Reedsport, OR

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
1 post
Save Topic
From Las Vegas,NV, to Reedsport, OR

Our family is planning this trip and I was wondering the best places to stop en route and what to see. It would be good to see the Redwoods. We're staying 3 days in Reedsport and the we go to San Francisco. How long will it take to get back to San Francisco?

Mentioned in this post
San Francisco
San Francisco
California
Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,008 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Las Vegas,NV, to Reedsport, OR

An awful lot of driving from LV to Reedsport. Why Reedsport?

Would you share your complete itinerary as best you can? Arrival airport, departure airport, how much time you have for this trip, what you wish to see.

Is Las Vegas very important to you? Or would you like other suggestions. BTW, it'll be brutally hot in Nevada and probably as well the California Valleys.

From Reedsport to SF is about 9 - 10 hours going the freeway, I-5, or Route 101.

You might try learning how to use Google Maps; a great trip planner for distances and times between points on your route.

Edited: 30 June 2010, 05:03
Mentioned in this post
Nevada
Nevada
United States
Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,645 posts
1,084 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Las Vegas,NV, to Reedsport, OR

Hello Brasilianut and welcome to the forum. I agree with the questions voyaging asked above. If we have some more information about your trip, we can help you more :-)

Reedsport, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,038 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Las Vegas,NV, to Reedsport, OR

Why not Reedsport voyaging? It's a pretty nice little town.

Brasilianut, I'm not sure how much time you have. When we did the opposite of what your doing we went down I-5 to 50 to Lake Tahoe. Then south on a route I don't remember zigzaging across the border to LasVegas. We stayed in Tahoe a few days then to Vegas. It was two very long days of driving. If you are short on time getting to I-5 and shooting up to 138 & 38 is your fastest. I would do the Redwoods on the way to SF. Rather than going across to the coast then north to Reedsport. Take 101 south from Reedsport to SF. The highway is much improved over the last 10 years or so and it is a very beautiful drive. The old highway through the redwoods is still there but it's a scenic route now and you have to leave 101 and go down the old highway.

Mentioned in this post
Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,008 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From Las Vegas,NV, to Reedsport, OR

DreaminofMaui, you seem to be inferring that I disparage Reedsport. Wrong. When I disparage locations I'm usually clear as to why. I simply asked the OP, why Reedsport? And, as was said, for three days. The OP's itinerary, if provided, might help us help them. They might not realize their other coastal and time options as so many of us, as tourists, need to learn.

Reedsport, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,038 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: From Las Vegas,NV, to Reedsport, OR

I know voyaging, just pokin' a little fun at you. I'm guessing Brasilianut is visiting friends or family. Who knows, maybe the dunes are so popular now that people from another hemisphere come here. I think all the people from this hemisphere are already here judging from all the RV's. LOL

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,008 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: From Las Vegas,NV, to Reedsport, OR

:)

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: From Las Vegas,NV, to Reedsport, OR

I am waiting till op answers voyaging

8. Re: From Las Vegas,NV, to Reedsport, OR

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 December 2010, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Reedsport
More Reedsport Topics