We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best place to walk/hike on the dunes, away from dune buggies

Toronto
Level Contributor
230 posts
4 reviews
best place to walk/hike on the dunes, away from dune buggies

I was in Oregon several years ago, and remember climbing on the dunes somewhere near Reedsport. At that time, anyway, there were no vehicles in that area, and it was fantastic. I think we had to access the trail by parking at a campground area, if I recall. My partner and I will be travelling in Oregon this July, and want to try to find that or a similar spot. Can anyone suggest where is the best place to hike walk out on the dunes?

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
Level Contributor
6,087 posts
19 reviews
1. Re: best place to walk/hike on the dunes, away from dune buggies

From the Siltcoos River, 8 miles south of Florence, all the way to the mouth of the Umpqua River, the dunes and ocean shores are off limits to OHV's. There are several good access points along this stretch starting with the Dunes Overlook on down to Sparrow Park Road.

2. Re: best place to walk/hike on the dunes, away from dune buggies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 09:25
Get answers to your questions about Reedsport
More Reedsport Topics