We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two days in July, hotel on the beach

Which Cannon Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
118 posts
Save Topic
Two days in July, hotel on the beach

I tried to get a two night stay at the Surfsand in July but they have a three day minimum stay. What do you recomend for my 2nd choice? Would like a hotel on the beach for less than 250.00 per night.

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
10,736 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two days in July, hotel on the beach

Try Schooner's Cove. It is right on the beach and tends to be a tad less expensive than Surfsand. Most of the decent places in town have 2-3 night minimums in the summer, so you might still come up against that. I have stayed at Surfsand numerous times and Schooner's Cove once. Both are great.

If your dates are flexible at all, you might try squeezing in between other peoples reservations. We have done that fairly often when we go last minute and it works well.

New York
Level Contributor
118 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Two days in July, hotel on the beach

Thanks for the suggestion Mtngrl. I'll check and see if they have a minimum stay. What do you know about Hallmark Resort? Would you recomend it??

New York
Level Contributor
118 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Two days in July, hotel on the beach

Darn, just check, Schooner's Cove also has 3 day mimimum. Hallmark has two. Anyone who has any info on Hallmark or any other suggestions please let me know. I have read the reviews but would rather hear from someone who has stayed there or is a local since I know the reviews can get a little skewed with solicited reviews.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,740 posts
1,029 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Two days in July, hotel on the beach

The trouble is that most places in Cannon Beach have a two or even three night minimum in summer, particularly on the weekends.

You appear to be looking for a place which accepts only one night?

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
10,736 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Two days in July, hotel on the beach

I have not stayed at the Hallmark so can't comment except for location, which is good.

Another place you might want to check out is Cannon Beach Hotel. It is not ocean front, but very close. It is adjacent to Surfsand, and basically the only thing between the hotel and the ocean is the Surfsands restaurant The Wayfarer. A couple of the rooms upstairs have small ocean views, however. We have stayed there there and liked it, but not sure if this is what you are looking for. BTW, if this works for you, check their website as they often have a small discount for a first stay with them.

Beaverton, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cannon Beach
Level Contributor
6,033 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Two days in July, hotel on the beach

lands end motel has rooms that look out on the ocean and a few of the rooms have a concrete patio for additional relaxation

New York
Level Contributor
118 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Two days in July, hotel on the beach

Narrowed it down to The wayside Inn, Inn at Cannon Beach, Lands End Motel and Hallmark. All of these hotels will accept two nights. I'll also look into Cannon Beach Hotel, I don't see it listed here as one of the 13 hotels. but I'll check out their website. I'm leaning toward Hallmark but don't really know why.

Beaverton, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cannon Beach
Level Contributor
6,033 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Two days in July, hotel on the beach

when picking a hotel you really should give some thought as to how far you have to walk from the hotel to put your toes in the sand/ocean

dont know if you can see the ocean from a room at the inn at cannon beach-its located on a main street with a fair amount of traffic

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Two days in July, hotel on the beach

The OP has already admitted the hotels they have looked at don't have one night options. And poster # 1 has also noted this fact. Is there a reason to post it the third time. Seems like twice is enough considering the OP knows about that.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,568 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Two days in July, hotel on the beach

"I'm leaning toward Hallmark but don't really know why."

You'll want to be on the beach, so I think that would be my choice too. But you should know that The Hallmark sits on a bluff above the beach; it has steps down to it, though. Lands End is okay too, but it sits at the downtown's main access to the beach, and I prefer a location a bit more away from the center of the action.

I don't know if it fits into your budget, but did you try Ocean Lodge? Also, are you traveling with kids, SO, or solo?

Get answers to your questions about Cannon Beach