We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

last-minute hotel help needed!

Which Oklahoma City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Topic
last-minute hotel help needed!

Hi all,

I got some last minute tickets (today) to the U2 concert in Norman this weekend. My friend and I will be driving in from Missouri probably the day-of, staying overnight, and driving back the next day. We checked the hotels right around the area and they're booked - so I guess we'll need to stay more towards Oklahoma City? Could someone please suggest a nice area where we could crash for the night? It can be a suburb, it doesn't need to be downtown... by nice, I mean safe, and restaurants nearby. I'm not at all familiar with the area, so I don't know where to look. Normally I plan my trips waaaay in advance, so not having a lot of time to research for this I'm trying not to freak out. :) Thanks for your help!

Oklahoma City...
Destination Expert
for Oklahoma City
Level Contributor
1,956 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: last-minute hotel help needed!

The Embassy Suites in Norman has rooms for Sunday night:

…hilton.com/en_US/…index.do

About $250 (after taxes) for a two room suite, but not that much more than downtown OKC and less hassle trying to drive to the concert.

Also, here are a few threads with some less expensive hotels in the Interstate-40/Meridian area:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g51560-i521-k31025…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g51560-i521-k25888…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g51560-i521-k23546…

More driving time, but close to the main interstates and about 1/2 the price.

Elkins, West...
Level Contributor
359 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: last-minute hotel help needed!

Moore is between Norman and Oklahoma City, so it would be convenient. Any of the newer hotel chains in the area should be fine, though I've never actually stayed in Moore to recommend one.

I would not recommend the Meridian area; it's in the wrong direction and you would have to drive across OKC on Monday morning to get out of town.

Another option is Edmond which is on the north side of OKC. Just north of the I-35/I-44 intersection are several newer hotels--HI-Express and Fairfield Inn I know--in a nice area right off I-35. This would be a few miles out of your way, but it would give you easy access to I-44 on Monday morning, missing all the OKC traffic.

Oklahoma City...
Destination Expert
for Oklahoma City
Level Contributor
1,956 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: last-minute hotel help needed!

twoprofs:

Do you happen to know the status of that new Sleep Inn on I-35? I don't think it shows on their web site yet.

And, yes, Moore would be a better option than I-40/Meridian - I'm just not that familiar with the city and am usually reluctant to recommend on that basis.

That said, the La Quinta and Comfort Inn both have rooms available. I'm not sure how convenient they are to restaurants. (A quick look seems to indicate the other major brands are booked.)

As for OKC traffic - if they leave mid-morning on Monday from the I-40 area it won't be too bad.

;)

Oklahoma City
Level Contributor
105 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: last-minute hotel help needed!

I would suggest either Moore or downtown. The latter is obviously more walkable, and some hotels even offer a free shuttle to downtown restaurants. Moore is perfectly safe and most of the hotels down there off 35 are fairly new. You can get a room for a lot cheaper than the Norman Embassy Suites' $250, unless you really want the 2-room suite.

5. Re: last-minute hotel help needed!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2010, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Oklahoma City
Recent Conversations