We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near Memorial Stadium

Which Oklahoma City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Springfield, OR
2 posts
Save Topic
Hotel near Memorial Stadium

Can anyone recommend a good family hotel within walking distance (15-20 minutes) to Memorial Stadium in Norman? The kids would love an indoor pool, but we're not too picky, as we're going to be there for the Huskers Sooners game, so we're not planning on sticking around the hotel much.

Oklahoma City...
Destination Expert
for Oklahoma City
Level Contributor
1,938 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel near Memorial Stadium

I'm not a Norman expert by any means, but I believe the only hotel meeting the requirements you've indicated would be the University of Oklahoma Sooner Hotel & Suites‎. It's actually on the OU campus close to the stadium.

They have a way to request reservations, but you won't get a response until the next day.

…ou.edu/component/…

My guess is they book up really early and may not have any rooms available for that weekend.

The stadium is located at Lindsey and Jenkins, and here is a link to the Hotels in Norman -

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&q=Norman+Oklahoma+Hotels&fb=1&view=map&cd=1

The second page has the hotels closest to the stadium. As with most small college towns, most hotels are not that close to the stadium and those that are close are old and may not be the best places to stay.

However, if you want to stay somewhat further away you can drive to the Lloyd Noble Center, park there and take the shuttle to the game.

Maybe someone in Norman can give better information.

Elkins, West...
Level Contributor
359 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel near Memorial Stadium

The old Sooner hotel on campus closed down last spring, Modcon. The "Suites" they mention are in an apartment building a few blocks south of the old hotel.

I don't know of anything within walking distance of the stadium, either. The closest I can think of are Residence Inn at I-35 and OK9, south west of the campus, and a newish Best Western and OK9 and US77, south east of the campus. Either would give you easy access to parking at the Lloyd Noble arena, where OU plays basketball; you could walk from there to the stadium.

Oklahoma City...
Destination Expert
for Oklahoma City
Level Contributor
1,938 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel near Memorial Stadium

Thanks twoprofs. I was pretty sure the hotel had shut down and was surprised when I saw the link. I didn't know they were basically using the apartments for 'suites'.

To Ralphie - my advice would be to find a nice hotel (that still has rooms), park at the Lloyd Noble and take the shuttle. I've done that before and IMO it is very convenient.

:)

Elkins, West...
Level Contributor
359 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel near Memorial Stadium

Ralphie, if you're still out there, I would avoid the Best Western I mentioned. I stayed there last evening--had a meeting early this morning in Norman--and the BW is pretty much mediocre at best, and the walls seem to be made of paper. The Residence Inn I mentioned is much, much nicer.

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
701 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel near Memorial Stadium

This website might provide some help for hotels. Look for the "accomodations" tab. I'm afraid it might be on the late side to find a hotel in Norman.

http://www.visitnorman.com

You may have to stay in Oklahoma City and drive to the Lloyd Noble Center to park and take the shuttle, as Modcon suggested.

You will find shuttle details and much more gameday information at this website.

soonersports.com/facilities/…

Hope you have a wonderful time in Oklahoma.

6. Re: Hotel near Memorial Stadium

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 06:23
Get answers to your questions about Oklahoma City