We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family vacation near Oklahoma City

Beaufort, South...
1 post
1 review
Family vacation near Oklahoma City

My family lives in Michigan and my brother lives near Phoenix. Oklahoma City is our halfway point. We'd love to rent a big beach house or stay somewhere near a beach where we can walk to the beach and the kids can play in the sand and swim. Is that possible anywhere in or around Oklahoma City??

4 replies to this topic
Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
368 posts
60 reviews
1. Re: Family vacation near Oklahoma City

Oklahoma is a landlocked state so no 'beach.' However, there are many lakes in the area but none have houses for rent on them. If you're fine with a hotel, I'd recommend Hampton Inn in Bricktown. They have an indoor pool that I've seen lots of kids in and there's a lot of walkable activities in the area including Hey Day and Brickopolis that have laser tag, mini golf, bowling, etc. Also the Riversport area is quite fun for a day activity with the kids.

OK
Level Contributor
226 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Family vacation near Oklahoma City

Do you want to be in OKC or are you willing to consider visiting some of the lakes in OK? As mentioned there are several lakes in OK and some do have vacation rental property on or close to a beach/dock area. Take a look at VRBO.com for Grand Lake O' the Cherokees, Tenkiller, Eufuala Lake, etc. You can look on a map and see lakes in Oklahoma and then search on VRBO or a similar site. Some of the lakes in OK won't have rental property with direct beach access because the Corp of Engineers owns (maintains, I'm not sure the legal status) the shore front land.

As mentioned above, Bricktown and all those activities are great if you prefer to be "in" OKC.

Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
1,661 posts
130 reviews
3. Re: Family vacation near Oklahoma City

I’m surprised no one has mentioned Beavers Bend State Park near Broken Bow. It’s a very popular lake that has really nice cabins to rent. It’s in eastern Oklahoma, not close to Oklahoma City.

https://www.stateparks.com/beavers_bend.html

Edited: 06 April 2018, 02:32
Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
368 posts
60 reviews
4. Re: Family vacation near Oklahoma City

I wasn't thinking that 4 hours from OKC was near but I also didn't think about they were already traveling so 'near' is relative :-).

There are MANY fab lakes that will likely be airbnb/VRBO and even cabin rentals (although not sure Broken Bow has them). Lake Murray, Texhoma, Tinkiller, Greenleaf to name a few not mentioned above. None of these are within an hour of OKC though...

Reply to: Family vacation near Oklahoma City
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Oklahoma City