We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I park overnight in Cradle Mountain with Holiday Pass?

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Can I park overnight in Cradle Mountain with Holiday Pass?

I am intending to get a holiday pass for my roadtrip in April in a campervan. As the camper is fully fitted with shower etc, I would like to save on camp site fees (e.g. parking in Discovery Park). Would I be allowed to park overnight at the Visitor Centre parking lots?

According to tassietrade.com.au, "A Cradle Mountain Day Pass includes use of the shuttle bus. The day pass combines the existing 24 hour park pass and the shuttle bus fee in a pass for those who visit Cradle Mountain for one day only." Hence, I was wondering if this applies to the Holiday Pass.

Also, do I still need to pay for shuttle fare to go around the park?

Thank you in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Cradle Mountain
Cradle Mountain
858 Reviews
Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park, Australia
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can I park overnight in Cradle Mountain with Holiday Pass?

Oh, actually, with the Holiday Pass, am I allowed to drive all the way up to Dove Lake?

And is there anywhere to park apart from the Visitor Centre?

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
29,966 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can I park overnight in Cradle Mountain with Holiday Pass?

With the Holiday Pass, you can park at the Visitor Centre or the Ranger station and catch the shuttle bus in from either. If you arrive early in the morning before the Dove Lake carpark is filled by track walkers you may also be able to drive through the boom gate in your car. If the Dove Lake carpark is full, the boom gate will be closed.

You cannot camp anywhere at Cradle Mountain unless you pay a camping charge at Discovery Holiday Park. There is a big sign at the entrance to Cradle Mountain Road which says as much.

Luigi

Mentioned in this post
Cradle Mountain
Cradle Mountain
858 Reviews
Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park, Australia
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can I park overnight in Cradle Mountain with Holiday Pass?

OK thank you.

4. Re: Can I park overnight in Cradle Mountain with Holiday Pass?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 January 2016, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Cradle Mountain-Lake...