We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stone Hotel Reviews Staffordshire.

Sheffield, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Stone Hotel Reviews Staffordshire.

Considering booking but reviews not very good. One was totally different praising hotel etc. but majority were less impressed.

This has rather put me off booking anywhere if you cant trust the review how can one know what a place is like ?

Kate

2 replies to this topic
Stafford, United...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
5,256 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stone Hotel Reviews Staffordshire.

Hi Kate,

We noticed the bad reviews last year when we contemplated booking and ended up looking at The Premier Inn Trentham and Holiday Inn,Stoke instead.

The Stone House Hotel always used to be known as a good hotel years ago,but it seems that it has changed hands over the years and gone downhill. (Not stayed there myself,but going by other peoples reports and reviews)

I have noticed that all the good reviews are posted together around about the same dates , which does make you a bit suspicious.

I would play safe myself and stay in a Premier Inn or Holiday Inn in Trentham or Stafford. There are also some other good hotels in Stafford. (Just avoid 'Tillington Hall' in Stafford- another one which was good in it's day,but taken over by a chain and now not very good)

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stone Hotel Reviews Staffordshire.

My Husband and I stayed there for a short break last year and we read the reviews first and were a bit wary but we went nevertheless and we were not disappointed The room was nice with plenty of storage with comfy beds The food was amazing and breakfast was enormous!

We also took advantage of the pool etc which did not disappoint either.

We would stay there again without hesitation.

Hope this has helped

Reply to: Stone Hotel Reviews Staffordshire.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Stone