We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking at Haddenham & Thame Parkway Rail Station

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Oxford
Level Contributor
1,081 posts
101 reviews
Parking at Haddenham & Thame Parkway Rail Station

Does anyone happen to know if there is spare parking for a train journey at the above station after say 10am weekday - or are all the spaces fully used by peak time travellers?

Thanks.

5 replies to this topic
Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
43,134 posts
104 reviews
1. Re: Parking at Haddenham & Thame Parkway Rail Station

well, there are two levels of parking, so seems like quite a lot of space..I am going to visit a friend in Thame on Monday..so can look and ask if you like. It's probably quite full...

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Oxford
Level Contributor
1,081 posts
101 reviews
2. Re: Parking at Haddenham & Thame Parkway Rail Station

Thanks very much for your response. Please don't make a special effort to go. I thought there might be a local resident viewing this forum who'd know off the top of their head! Not planning to use it for a few weeks so if there's nobody local who knows I'll probably be in the Thame area myself in the not too distant future.

Quainton, United...
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
9,405 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Parking at Haddenham & Thame Parkway Rail Station

There is ALWAYS loads of space at Haddenham & Thame Pakway, even lunchtime, as I use the station myself, driving over from Quainton.

I usually park on the top deck, where there's always space at the far side, but there's also loads of empty space at the far end of the ground level.

It's one of the reasons I use it (or Tring) in preference to Leighton Buzzard, which is full by mid-morning.

Good coffee from the new coffee shop too!

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
43,134 posts
104 reviews
4. Re: Parking at Haddenham & Thame Parkway Rail Station

I said I will stop at Haddenham, so I did..at about 2 pm plenty of spaces at the back of the top level, and asked the local taxi guy about the usual availability and he said he's never seen the place totally full.

£7 charge for a day, £4.50 after 10 am and weekends...if you have no change you can buy the parking ticket at the ticket office, although you would have to walk back to the car to display it..there is also an option to pay by phone..a very nice coffee shop by the way at the station.

If you live in Oxford, 280 bus runs each half an hour and also I if you are going to London, the Chiltern trains have extended the line to Oxford Parkway...may be more convenient for you.

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Oxford
Level Contributor
1,081 posts
101 reviews
5. Re: Parking at Haddenham & Thame Parkway Rail Station

Thanks to both of you for the very helpful responses - and especially Tilly41 for going out of her way! I actually tried Oxford Parkway last week - very impressed with the train service (bang on time departing and arriving), plenty of parking (£2 for up to 11 hours) however the roadworks at Cutteslowe and Wolvercote roundabouts meant 35 minute trip to the station at 10am even by back roads... Spotted Haddenham car park on route as an alternative - but from the rail line car park seemed pretty full - hence the question!

Thanks again.

Edited: 16 November 2015, 16:38
Reply to: Parking at Haddenham & Thame Parkway Rail Station
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Thame