We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

few questions regarding silverstone 2019

Munich, Germany
2 posts
few questions regarding silverstone 2019

Hi everybody,

I have booked tickets for my boyfriend and me for the GP July,2019.

Now I have many questions :) Hope that somebody can help.

1) I have booked the tickeets for the weekend: sits: Becketts, does somebody know if this is a good "place"

2) Now I have to book a hotel, what is the perfect city for it ? Milton Keynes or Northampton or something else?

3) How can we come to the GP in Silverston from the City x.. I have read, that in the past tickets was bought online for shuttle bus.. but for 2019 I cannot find something like that. Can I book/pay also there? If it is not possible by the shuttle, what option do I have?

4) I heared also that befor the race the fans can meet the drivers, is this possible in silverstone and when exactly is this normaly? And sould I book something therefore?

I hope that somebody have answers for my questions :) and sorry for my english.

Kind regards from Germany :)

Lejla

8 replies to this topic
Northamptonshire...
Level Contributor
311 posts
68 reviews
1. Re: few questions regarding silverstone 2019

Most of your questions can be answered on Silverstone.co.uk website, but take some searching.

! Probably.

2 Depends how you are travelling to UK

MK has a Travelodge hotel near to railway station where shuttle bus will run.

Northampton hotel nearby also.

3Stagecoach run shuttles MK1 or NN1 but do not post details until a month before event.

Also Megabus run bus service from various cities, but again do not post early booking details, so need to keep checking..

4 No idea.

Edited: 01 October 2018, 15:44
Buckingham, United...
Destination Expert
for Buckinghamshire, Somme, Winchester
Level Contributor
2,379 posts
2,172 reviews
2. Re: few questions regarding silverstone 2019

Hi - you dont say how you intend to get to UK for the Grand Prix, this may have open up other ideas of getting to the Circuit.

I will try and answer questions as you have listed:

1. Becketts is good, at least you will see more of the cars.

2. Hotels in Northampton or Milton Keynes will be fine, you can catch shuttle buses. If you are driving to UK then your choice of towns will increase, you can consider Buckingham or even Banbury. Wherever you decide get somewhere booked as soon as possible as the teams and guests take up rooms quickly.

3. It may be a little early for bus tickets, but this link may help. https:/…

4. Getting to meet the drivers before the race is rare, you may get a chance at the end if they mingle, or if you stay to the evening entertainment you may see some of them.

If you need anymore help please ask - I live very close.

Northamptonshire...
Level Contributor
5,436 posts
1,618 reviews
3. Re: few questions regarding silverstone 2019

I have just looked on your dates and availabilities and there are several hotels left(many do get booked up well in advance)and regarding Northampton,Milton Keynes or Banbury,there is not a lot of difference in the prices being shown for next July or the distance to the track.....i will now look for other alternatives hopefully closer to Silverstone.

Buckingham, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,379 posts
2,172 reviews
4. Re: few questions regarding silverstone 2019

Just remembered this place, very close to circuit, but you need to have a car

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/24938025

London, United...
Level Contributor
776 posts
77 reviews
5. Re: few questions regarding silverstone 2019

1) Becketts is brilliant in terms of the view, but is also one of the coldest places to sit due to the wind. Not such a problem when its baking like it was this year, but with standard Silverstone weather be prepared to bring lots of layers even in July. Also do take advantage of roving access to other grandstands on Thursday, Friday & Saturday.

2) As others have said if you stay around Milton Keynes or Northampton there are usually shuttle buses from the stations to the track on Fri-Sun. There are no shuttle buses on Thursdays, the only way you can get directly to the track is by taxi or private car. A taxi from Milton Keynes is approximately £35 one way.

Anywhere else and it would really be necesary to hire a car. Whatever you do though make sure your hotel booking offers free cancellation as the calendar is only provisional at the moment, not confirmed.

3) In previous years there was an MK1 shuttle bus running fairly regularly to/from Milton Keynes station and an N1 bus service running/to from Northampton Train station and a couple of other stops in Northampton on Friday/Saturday/Sunday. You can just turn up and pay. You can get a discount on the daily rate by purchasing a weekend ticket. I would expect this to be the same this year.

4) Unfortunatley Silverstone is probably one of the harder tracks for meeting drivers.

-Pit walk tickets are usually allocated on a random basis, there are usually 3 pit walks, not everyone will get a ticket for one and some drivers either don't come out at all or only come out for one pitwalk. If you are a Hamilton fan he usually comes out for one pitwalk but he's so popular that you are at risk of getting crushed in a sea of people.There is no public autograph session.

-You can go to the backstage area and during the fan forum/grand prix 'after party' after the race some drivers will stop for autographs as they head back off the stage. Also sometimes some of the drivers will sign autographs for the people at the very front of the crowd after they've appeared on the stage.

-If you go to the back of the paddock area after around 6pm when the security guards leave, you can hang around and wait to catch drivers as they leave, however you could be waiting quite a while there. Certainly if you are reliant on the shuttle bus service to get you back to your accomodation then you won't be able to do that.

Edited: 01 October 2018, 20:10
Munich, Germany
2 posts
6. Re: few questions regarding silverstone 2019

Hi All,

I am speechless.

Thank you all very very much for your help.

It helps me a lot. Thanks!.

The last question :)

Iam from Germany and I think Airport Birmingham will be better.. maybe London.. need to check/look.

So my last question :) I am sure that I can rent a car or what kind of possibilities do I have to come to Milton Keynes or Northampton.

Kind regards

Lejla

Buckingham, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,379 posts
2,172 reviews
7. Re: few questions regarding silverstone 2019

Hello Again

Birmingham is the easier option to fly to, from there you can catch a train directly to Milton Keynes or Northampton. If you are only coming for the GP then use the train and shuttle buses. Roads around Silverstone on the GP Weekend become very busy and if you are unsure a car will be a headache.

I personally would go for Milton Keynes, as you can get off train and walk to the many hotels close by. Milton Keynes is a New City, has lots of places to eat, and things to do. Northampton is a traditional Town older in style but probably not as easy to walk around.

Hope this helps

Little Sutton...
Level Contributor
2,433 posts
164 reviews
8. Re: few questions regarding silverstone 2019

We have been to Silverstone for car shows on a number of occasions & always stay at the Premier Inn at Billing Aquadrome,bit remote so you need a car,great places to eat nearby & Billing Aquadrome next door,only a short drive from the circuit,prices will be expensive during GP period though as it is so close to the circuit.

Reply to: few questions regarding silverstone 2019
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Silverstone