We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel between Northampton and Silverstone

Level Contributor
5 posts
26 reviews
32 helpful votes
Travel between Northampton and Silverstone

Hi all

I have been given tickets by my partner who works at Silverstone so planning to go to my first-ever Grand Prix, but I am going on qualifying day as I am not a hardcore fan - saved those tickets for somebody who would appreciate it more!

I have track side parking, however, I want to enjoy a drink so driving isn't an option. Park and ride has now sold out too (was planning on not parking a car, just getting the bus).

I have seen the bus timetables for Stagecoach and Megabus and these would be fine for getting there but all of the last buses back are showing really early, like 7pm, even though entertainment is on until 10pm!

Has anyone had a similar issue and figured a way around it without super expensive taxis? Are there buses from anywhere else?

It's driving me mad; it seems like there's lots of options for people from further afield but they don't actually consider locals wanting to visit.

Thanks

Chelsea

3 replies to this topic
Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
51 reviews
45 helpful votes
1. Re: Travel between Northampton and Silverstone

I think your issue may be because you're planning on staying until 10pm... Not that that's a bad thing. We go every year for the weekend and always enjoy the evening entertainment.

It sounds obvious so apologies if you've already checked..... But i'm sure they run shuttle buses to and from Northampton Station for those arriving by train. Unless that's the stagecoach one you refer to?

Your best option may be bus there and taxi back, unless you want to leave early. Not sure how expensive a taxi is but an alternative may be to pitch a tent for the night and get a bus back the following morning.

Windmill Farm charge £15 a night (or £25 I think if camping on the Saturday only). Maybe a cheaper alternative to the taxi? Or even drive and pay the £25 for one night camping.....

Hopefully someone with more knowledge than me will come along with a brilliant alternative - but from what I can see your options are a little limited.

Edited: 29 June 2018, 10:51
London, United...
Level Contributor
867 posts
79 reviews
39 helpful votes
2. Re: Travel between Northampton and Silverstone

Unfortunatley a taxi is your only option to get home on the day if you want to stay late. The late night entertainment is really aimed at those camping nearby.

Buckingham, United...
Destination Expert
for Buckinghamshire, Somme, Winchester
Level Contributor
2,680 posts
2,216 reviews
700 helpful votes
3. Re: Travel between Northampton and Silverstone

If you wish to party on the day - then the bus is the only sensible option. Last bus is back around 7pm, yes you will miss the entertainment, but that is for those staying onsite or the many campsites around. It is a busy venue and being as remote as it is don't miss the last bus as a taxi is not an option.

Plan and pace your day, enjoy the day, due to cost not many can afford to go, don't forget a hat and sun screen its very exposed.

https:/…return

Reply to: Travel between Northampton and Silverstone
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Silverstone