We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chilled wine.

Chatham, Kent
Level Contributor
102 posts
208 reviews
Chilled wine.

I will be staying in Victoria Rd for one night and planning to eat at Fatima's. Is there a shop nearby where I can buy some chilled wine as Fatima is BYO.

9 replies to this topic
Wiltshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Wiltshire
Level Contributor
11,311 posts
440 reviews
1. Re: Chilled wine.

There’s a decent sized Sainsbury’s “local” only about 100m away.

Bristol, England
Level Contributor
2,603 posts
30 reviews
2. Re: Chilled wine.

My local Sainsbury's (full -sized) doesn't keep its white wine in a chill cabinet nor do any of my other local supermarkets, to my knowledge. If the OP is looking to purchase an already chilled bottle of wine and take it straight to the restaurant, he may be out of luck. Perhaps better to stick to red.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
23,726 posts
377 reviews
3. Re: Chilled wine.

I wonder if it's a regional thing then Christabel, I can think of several retailers (both larger stores and the smaller 'convenience' stores) around me who have white wines on display ready chilled in fridges.

Chatham, Kent
Level Contributor
102 posts
208 reviews
4. Re: Chilled wine.

I can drink red but prefer white with a curry. I was hoping that there would be a small shop / offy somewhere nearby selling wine already chilled. I am staying in a B&B just for one night so have no way of chilling it myself. I can't drink a white unless it's nicely chilled.

Essex
Level Contributor
31,744 posts
69 reviews
5. Re: Chilled wine.

You can 'phone that Sainsbury's and ask them

https:/…freshwater-local

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,467 posts
64 reviews
6. Re: Chilled wine.

Beer with curry!

Chatham, Kent
Level Contributor
102 posts
208 reviews
7. Re: Chilled wine.

Nah!!! Beer first then curry & wine for me.

Mansfield UK
Level Contributor
274 posts
6 reviews
8. Re: Chilled wine.

Sorry if I'm too late with this reply.

When I have visited BYO Indian restaurants they have brought an ice water filled wine cooler to the table. OK you have to wait a few mins for the wine to chill down but it's better than warm wine.

If the supermarket does meal deals then they will usually have a white wine offer in the fridge that can be bought on it's own

Chatham, Kent
Level Contributor
102 posts
208 reviews
9. Re: Chilled wine.

So, there's good news and there's bad news. Sainsbury's have a wine fridge but the fridge is broken at the moment. Hopefully it will be fixed before I arrive in 3 weeks.

Reply to: Chilled wine.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Freshwater