We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cuyahoga Valley National Park without a car in December

Vasco Da Gama, Goa...
Level Contributor
16 posts
31 reviews
Cuyahoga Valley National Park without a car in December

Hi guys,

I am planning to visit Cuyahoga Valley National Park (CVNP) sometime early December on a weekend. I don't have a license so won't be able to take a car with me. Was wondering if there is a way I could enjoy the park without a car?

I guess I can take a bus/train to a certain location and then Uber from there if needed too, if a direct public transport option isn't available. If there are any tour companies that offer tours then can do that too.

Specifically, within the park, are there are any areas I can particularly get to without having a car with me? Are there any places that will rent bikes during early December, in case walking distances are longer in certain places of the park?

Any advice or information would be highly appreciated! Thank you very much for your help :).

Mrinmay

4 replies to this topic
Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,744 posts
110 reviews
1. Re: Cuyahoga Valley National Park without a car in December

I would guess an Uber may be your best bet.

BUT, I highly recommend the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad to see the park. They are still running in December.

http://www.cvsr.com/national-park-scenic

Vasco Da Gama, Goa...
Level Contributor
16 posts
31 reviews
2. Re: Cuyahoga Valley National Park without a car in December

Thank you for your reply! For some reason, on checking the CVSR website a couple of days ago, it showed December being sold out. Let me check with them, thanks!

Overall though, do you think once I reach the park and my Uber drops me off, I would be able to walk or bike over to some spots within the park, or does one need a car within the park too? Does the park have any bus or shuttle that it operates within the park?

Thanks again for your help!

ohio
Level Contributor
535 posts
8 reviews
3. Re: Cuyahoga Valley National Park without a car in December

The train may be sold out because of the special Polar Express event they do through Christmas. There is no shuttle or bus in the park. Unfortunately, most of the park is best reached by car.

I'd suggest staying in Peninsula. There's a bed and breakfast https://silverfernbnb.com/ within walking distance to several places, including Century Cycles where you can also rent a snow bike (if the weather changes dramatically). centurycycles.com/about/peninsula-pg288.htm You can also walk to the Towpath Trail for hiking. And the GAR hall which is a great, intimate music venue, is a very short walk from the B&B. peninsulahistory.org/voices-in-the-valley/ And if you do get to ride the scenic railway, it's the train depot is also walkable.

Vasco Da Gama, Goa...
Level Contributor
16 posts
31 reviews
4. Re: Cuyahoga Valley National Park without a car in December

Thank you very much, appreciate it! Will definitely look into the options you suggested :).

Reply to: Cuyahoga Valley National Park without a car in December
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cuyahoga Falls