We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Odyssey H20 tour

Australia
11 posts
Save Topic
Odyssey H20 tour

Does anyone know how to get in contact with the Odyssey Tour??

Do you have to go through the Vogages hotels or do they have their own contact details?

Thanks

Australia
Level Contributor
2,046 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Odyssey H20 tour

Hi Raddy

Odyssey H2o is owned by Voyages Resorts.

They also run a Cape Tribulation Rainforest tour.

They have a couple of contact numbers, try

1300134044 or

02 82968010

but I think they will all lead to Voyages Resorts head office, or you can try Coconut Beach Resort Cape Tribulation on 07 40980033.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Odyssey H20 tour

I could not get Voyages to respond to my emails, so I booked it through travstar.com. I received a response within 24hrs. and was able to book online.

Melbourne
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Odyssey H20 tour

I wouldn't recommend Odyssey H2O. We had this booked (early Oct 07) and we sat on the boat for about 30 mins, while we watched the rum runner go out. Then to be told the batteries were flat and would not be going out. Everyone was very upset , i thought it was a joke at first. Next morning when on the beach I saw Odyessy going out., They must have fixed the problem?

I have a feeling it didn't go out because there was only 15 of us on the boat. 2 people changed their mind.

If up there again I would book the rum runner and give Odyssey a miss.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Odyssey H20 tour

We just went out with Oddesy H2O, on about 7 October 2007.

There were only 10 of us, so it was not a problem due to the amount of persons on board.

As far as rumrunner, it was full of people, really crammed, we had only 10,and a crew of four...who were outstanding. We like that a whole lot better.

Rumrunner departed ahead of us, but we dropped off the mooring and were past road runner and on course to Mackay Reef in a very short time. Rumrunner went to different area that day.

We had a ball on H2O, with fantastic snorkeling on a very beautiful reef. I mean super great ! We snorkeled two different areas, and moved the boat once while on the reef.

However, H2O is selling their vessel, and it is leaving the area. A new vessel will be coming in , and will be snorkel trips only, no SCUBA.

I am a USCG Lic. Master, for vessels up to 500 tons, and have made a living skippering boats for over 25 years. Much of the caribbean, mexico, tahiti, tonga, southern california, and two 12 day skippering vacations in the whitsunday islands. One in a while mechanical, or weather situations occur.

But, since we went out with just 10 of us, H2O did not cancel due to only having 15 on board. Not only that, the crew wants to get paid,and that is not happening if the vessel does not take the guests out.

Our crew, the vessel, and the snorkeling, and the passage to and from the reef were all in the outstanding category. H2O is an older vessel but we had zip problems.

Sorry that a trip was cancelled due to low batteries, but best have it happen before you leave, than be out on the reef with no help.

No electrical, no engine, no raidio, etc.

We booked thru Alison, at that the Exotic Fruit Farm where we stayed.

Denny

5. Re: Odyssey H20 tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 08:19