We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tours available in cape tribulation-- which ones?????

Larchmont, New York
Level Contributor
946 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
tours available in cape tribulation-- which ones?????

we are staying at the ferntree at the end of June--word on the net is to take a walk with Pru, but how do we find her? does anyone know how to book a tour with her?---we'll have 4 full days up there (and then at then end of our trip we will be back up in port douglas area for several more days) and we are travelling with two children (8 and 10 ) and will probably do a reef trip from here (any recs?) as well as another from port douglas--- can anyone give me an idea of what they liked (or didn't like!) and what they recommend??

many thanks

London
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tours available in cape tribulation-- which ones?????

I very much enjoyed the night walk from Crocodylus with a guy called Possum. He was a real character. During this walk we saw an excellent web casting spider, who holds his little web between his feet and fires it at tasty treats.

I've found an old web blog by him so you can get the idea:

www.crocodyluscapetrib.blogspot.com/

You don't have to be staying there to book on the walk, but this link will give you an idea of where it is (near Cow Bay):

www.yha.com.au/hostels/details.cfm…

Australia
Level Contributor
2,046 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: tours available in cape tribulation-- which ones?????

Hi spinny,

Pru is the owner of Cooper Creek Wilderness. They have a couple of different option in tours. I would wait until you get there before you book. Ferntree Lodge will have the brochure available for you to look at and decide which walk you'd prefer to take and they can find out for you which one is avalable on which day.

From Cape Tribulation, you don't have much of a variety in reef trips.

Rumrunner and Odyssey H20 are the only two that I know of.

From Port Douglas the choices are endless, depending on whether you'd like to snorkel only or scuba dive, let me know.

California
Level Contributor
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: tours available in cape tribulation-- which ones?????

Has anyone done the night walk at 8 PM with Cooper Creek Tours? DO you know if this is a good option for early August? Or would the day walk with same tour guide be better at this time of year?

4. Re: tours available in cape tribulation-- which ones?????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 17:17