We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wellingborough

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
61 reviews
26 helpful votes
Wellingborough
Save

We are looking to move to Wellingborough as the houses are a lot more affordable. Currently looking at 4 bed detached houses if anyone knows areas to consider Or if anyone give any advice on areas to avoid or the best areas as so far all I can see is a nice big house for a lot less than they are in most other places and I just don’t want to get carried away with the house and not consider the area the house is actually in. We are looking at working in Milton Keynes

5 replies to this topic
Northamptonshire...
Level Contributor
6,271 posts
1,909 reviews
1,927 helpful votes
1. Re: Wellingborough
Save

I live 4 miles from Wellingborough and have previously worked there also.

It is undoubtedly not the most attractive town but it has everything you may possibly need.

The road into Milton Keynes can be a total nightmare especially once past Olney.

There are some attractive villages close to Wellingborough including Wollaston, Irchester and Finedon is quite nice too.

Would you consider somewhere else?

I would recommend the Cotswolds Estate situated on the A45 behind The Priory pub.

15 minutes from the M1 junction 15 and normally an easier drive to MK too.

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
61 reviews
26 helpful votes
2. Re: Wellingborough
Save

We would consider a different area as we are attracted to it for the house price more than anything else. We are currently in Watford so we are looking to move to buy our first home as we have been renting for years. Anywhere where we can get a decent size house for the money really so any suggestions are welcome

Northamptonshire...
Level Contributor
6,271 posts
1,909 reviews
1,927 helpful votes
3. Re: Wellingborough
Save

You could consider the smaller town of Rushden a couple of miles away.

It has not got a train line anymore but has the excellent Rushden lakes shopping complex.

The house prices are low in the town.

I would opt for Rushden over Wellingborough and all of the larger towns in the county.

Northamptonshire...
Level Contributor
6,271 posts
1,909 reviews
1,927 helpful votes
4. Re: Wellingborough
Save

I have looked on a reputable site and have found a 4 bed detached house in Hall Avenue Rushden.

This area is perhaps the most desired in the town and the gardens are very large.

It depends what your budget is.

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
61 reviews
26 helpful votes
5. Re: Wellingborough
Save

Thank you for all the info. As I don’t know the area it’s hard because a lot of the areas come up as Wellingborough but are not actually in Wellingborough. I have looked at rushden as it does look like a nice area. I will do some more research. Thank you so much you have been very helpful

Reply to: Wellingborough
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Wellingborough
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.