We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stay in Park City, ski in Soliitude/Brighton

Cleveland
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Topic
Stay in Park City, ski in Soliitude/Brighton

We are planning a ski trip to Utah for the second week in March and are currently deciding where to stay. We're thinking of skiing Solitude and Brighton and possibly Deer Valley/Park City Mountain. We'll be skiing 4 of the 6 days we're there. How easy is it to get between these resorts? Is it reasonable to stay in Park City and drive to the other two to ski? Or would we be better off staying near Solitude?

Thanks for the advice.

Park City, UT
Level Contributor
355 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stay in Park City, ski in Soliitude/Brighton

Are you asking about staying in Park City for a few days, and then moving to Solitude? It's not that far of a drive unless you really like ski-in/ski-out lodging. If you will be skiing both Big Cottonwood and Park City, it's typically under an hour either way.

I would recommend staying in Park City for the town, and for the free buses to the resorts. You can drive to Solitude or Brighton any days you want to. There's not that much nearby if you stay at Solitude.

salt lake city
Destination Expert
for Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stay in Park City, ski in Soliitude/Brighton

Just curious why Solitude and Brighton instead of Alta Snowbird?...there's a pass that you could do both in one day.

San Antonio, Texas
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Stay in Park City, ski in Soliitude/Brighton

Question for saphfirebluez:

I am planning to stay in PC from the 12th to the 16th and ski on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. My plan is go for two days on the PC Resort and then go one day to Solitude. You asked in this forum why not Alta instead of Solitude. It seems like a long round-a-bout drive to Alta. So, is Solitude good enough?

Texas
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Stay in Park City, ski in Soliitude/Brighton

From what I've seen you can get a pretty good deal at Solitude for ski in / ski out. I'm going there 12/18 to check it out. If you want short lift lines and a more quiet and laid back atmosphere, Solitude is probably a good choice. If you want the great city atmosphere longer lift lines, Park City is a good choice. Brighton will be busier than Solitude and Brighton has a more advanced Terrain park than Solitude. Solitudes Terrain park is good for beginning Boarders.

Cheers

Get answers to your questions about Solitude