We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Closest Chain Grocery Store to Solitude?

austin
Level Contributor
17 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Closest Chain Grocery Store to Solitude?

We will be coming in from the airport and would like to know the closet grocery store chain on the road to Solitude. I did see an earlier post that Albertsons was closed down. Thanks in advance.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
16,493 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Closest Chain Grocery Store to Solitude?

Well, I was trying to find one that was not necessarily the closest, but perhaps the easiest to get to between the airport and the resort. Still looking, most are not convenient to a freeway exit.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
405 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Closest Chain Grocery Store to Solitude?

Here is a link to the stores nearest the cottonwood canyons:

…citysearch.com/listings/…72628_1713

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
20,561 posts
449 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Closest Chain Grocery Store to Solitude?

Albertsons are now Fresh Market, but they're all still there. There are two really easy to access stores just off I-215 on the east side. Take I-80 eastbound from the airport. Just before you hit the canyon up to PC, head south on I-215.

Take the first exit (comes up quick) for 3300 South. Turn right (westbound) and there's a HUGE Smith's on your right.

There's also a Dan's just a bit further south, but the Smiths is larger and easier off/easier on from I-215.

If you need one, there's also a State Liquor Store just across the street kind of behind the REI.

Have fun.

austin
Level Contributor
17 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Closest Chain Grocery Store to Solitude?

Thanks for the information.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Closest Chain Grocery Store to Solitude?

Ditto for the Smiths. Absolutely easy to find and very much on the way.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
16,493 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Closest Chain Grocery Store to Solitude?

Glad someone could figure it out :-) Thanks Pic nPac and T&C

austin
Level Contributor
17 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Closest Chain Grocery Store to Solitude?

Thank you. Another quick question....would Smith's sell discount lift tickets to Solitude or is a ski shop my best option?

Texas
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Closest Chain Grocery Store to Solitude?

If you are staying at Solitude (as I guess you are from the need for groceries!), they are selling lift tickets to Solitude lodging guests at 20% off this winter, and that's your best bet.

9. Re: Closest Chain Grocery Store to Solitude?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2010, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Solitude