We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lodging in Solitude

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
141 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
lodging in Solitude

We will be skiing Solitude for 5 days in December with our 2 boys, ages 10 and 13. We'd like the nicest accommodations possible. What would you recommend? Also, are there decent restaurants at the resort or within a half-hour's drive?

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,935 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lodging in Solitude

You won't find a lot of lodging options at Solitude. The ones listed on their website all look great, though I haven't stayed at any of them. There are lots of cabins in the area of both Solitude and Brighton but quality will vary. http://www.solitudelodging.com/

You will definitely want to eat at the Yurt...excellent food and experience. Silver Fork lodge has great food. http://www.silverforklodge.com/

If you don't find what you like at the resort or want a change then it is about 15 min to the mouth of the canyon where you will find many options to choose from. (Cafe Trio, Tuscany, Market Street Grill etc)

California
Level Contributor
669 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: lodging in Solitude

The condos at Solitude are pretty new, and should be quite nice. I remember my sister saying they liked them, and staying right on the mountain is convenient for skiiing.

I don't know how the food is at the restaurant in the village, but the yurt as mentioned is a fun experience with great food., and we like Silver Fork too.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
141 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: lodging in Solitude

Thanks both of you for the replies. I think we will stay in Park City but ski at Solitude. We have only skied in the Poconos, Vermont and Mt. Tremblant, so we're looking forward to some real powder!

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,935 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: lodging in Solitude

If you want to stay in Park City you really should plan on skiing there. You have three resorts within minutes of each other (Park City, Deer Valley and The Canyons).

Solitude and Brighton are in Big Cottonwood Canyon on the other side of the Wasatch. If you want to ski Solitude it would make a lot more sense to stay there or in SLC. It's about an hour drive down one canyon and up another to stay in PC and ski in Big Cottonwood Canyon. You might want to do that for a day if you want a change, but not every day.

Greentown...
Level Contributor
244 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: lodging in Solitude

If you haven't left for your trip to Utah yet, or haven't paid for lift tickets....make sure you check out Backcountry.com for discount lift tickets in conjunction with Utah Avalanche Center. Backcountry ships for free and is really fast, so you might get them if you are going at the end of the month.

I just got done purchasing my discount lift tickets for my trip at the end of January.

40.00 for a 1 day at Solitude

50.00 for a 1 day at The Canyons

73.00 for a 1 day at Deer Valley

Those discounts beat or match any of the others that you can get while out there.....

Just thought I would share the wealth.....we all need a discount sometime in our lives.

Check back after your trip....let me know how you liked Solitude....

Have fun.

6. Re: lodging in Solitude

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 13:19
Get answers to your questions about Solitude