We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xcalak- hostel like camping wanted

Bourne...
Level Contributor
35 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Xcalak- hostel like camping wanted

Im looking for a hostel or campground like place that I can setup my hennessy hammock with the basic facilities. Im carrying my fishing and snorkeling gear so Id like opportunities to do both activities. Im a great cook and can always put together some good eats. I can afford to stay in hotels but I enjoy the backpacking style of travel.. you meet the best people this way...

Jon

4 replies to this topic
Sarteneja, Belize
Level Contributor
2 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Xcalak- hostel like camping wanted

Looking for that too. I have not found anything so far.

Steamboat Springs...
Level Contributor
2,937 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Xcalak- hostel like camping wanted

There used to be a place near town that you could do just that. It has not operated in a while.

This place is probably as close as you will get to what you want. It is far enuf from town that you would need your own transportation.

http://www.casadesuenosxcalak.com/

Southern California
Level Contributor
13,848 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Xcalak- hostel like camping wanted

The only place like that was the Maya Village but the guy who owned it left town.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,274 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Xcalak- hostel like camping wanted

There used to be the place where the weekly expats BBQ was held. They had toilets and a lot of people were camping there. I havent been in years and dont remember what it was called but it was close to town.

SuitcaseReady.com

Reply to: Xcalak- hostel like camping wanted
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Xcalak
Recent Conversations
More Xcalak Topics