We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

to take cruise excursion or go it alone.

San Diego
Level Contributor
69 posts
33 reviews
to take cruise excursion or go it alone.

It is safe in Mahahual for grandmom and two teenage girls to taxi from cruise ship port Costa Maya to beach/return. Is this the best snorkeling beach, near the cruise ship, for us to head?

Take our own snorkeling gear/towels? or rentals available? $$ ? Chairs too?

Greensboro, North...
Level Contributor
26 posts
1. Re: to take cruise excursion or go it alone.

Yea its nice grab a cab beach front restaurants with table chairs and lounges right on beach plus a nice little shopping area right there. I liked the green iguana. Ernesto was not pushy at all. U can also get a massage right on the beach for like 15 bucks. Worst thing is sometimes vendors seem a little pushy but that is Mexico. But good food there and if like a margaritas or two they r very tasty

Greensboro, North...
Level Contributor
26 posts
2. Re: to take cruise excursion or go it alone.

Yea its nice grab a cab beach front restaurants with table chairs and lounges right on beach plus a nice little shopping area right there. I liked the green iguana. Ernesto was not pushy at all. U can also get a massage right on the beach for like 15 bucks. Worst thing is sometimes vendors seem a little pushy but that is Mexico. But good food there and if like a margaritas or two they r very tasty. As for snorkeling u can do it there but I don't think it would be best place

San Diego
Level Contributor
69 posts
33 reviews
3. Re: to take cruise excursion or go it alone.

thanks for advice re: cab to beach location... Anyone have a better suggestion for what beach best for snorkeling. in Costa Maya.. plan to taxi from cruise ship....

kentucky
Level Contributor
61 posts
79 reviews
4. Re: to take cruise excursion or go it alone.

What did you end up doing? My husband and I are going the 22nd on a princes cruise.

kentucky
Level Contributor
61 posts
79 reviews
5. Re: to take cruise excursion or go it alone.

What did you end up doing? My husband and I are going the 22nd on a princes cruise.

San Diego
Level Contributor
69 posts
33 reviews
6. Re: to take cruise excursion or go it alone.

Costa Maya was not much of a town. Decided against the beach/cab idea with my two grandchildren.

Took the ship's "Catamaran-snorkel" instead. It was kind of rough the day we went out. Two swimmers

could not make it and had to be towed back to the Catamaran... However, both my teenage grandchildren

are excellent swimmers (water polo) and therefore loved it. Not much fish to see... but an "ok" day.

7. Re: to take cruise excursion or go it alone.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2016, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Mahahual
Recent Conversations
More Mahahual Topics