We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pharmacy

Dunbarton, New...
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Pharmacy

Hopefully will be spending the day in Mahahual when cruising in January. Would like to purchase some antibiotics for emergencies. Is there a pharmacy near by. If not, is there one nearby Costa Maya.

Mentioned in this post
Mahahual Beach
Mahahual Beach
1,249 Reviews
Mahahual, Mexico
Costa Maya
Costa Maya
Quintana Roo, Mexico
3 replies to this topic
1. Re: Pharmacy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 18 November 2017, 21:47

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
47,398 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pharmacy

I will point our, if the pharmacy plays by the rules, they will not sell antibiotics without a prescription.

Caribbean
Level Contributor
8,489 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Pharmacy

There's another pharmacy in Las Casitas -- that's the residential area that cruise ship passengers go through to get to the malecon.

The main road from the port to the highway is Avenida Paseo del Puerto (a median strip runs along the length of the road). "Calles" or streets run perpendicular to the Avenue. If travelling from the port, the last street before the highway is Calle Chinchorro. There was a cafe on one corner and a small grocery store on the opposite corner (on the south/east side).

The pharmacy is on Calle Chinchorro, and one or two shops south-east of the intersection.

There's also a small clinic, but I can't give exact directions. It's one street back of the malecon, and south of the football/soccer field if I remember correctly.

Edited: 18 November 2017, 19:15
Reply to: Pharmacy
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mahahual
Recent Conversations
More Mahahual Topics