We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mahahual on HGTV's Mexico Life

Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
312 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Mahahual on HGTV's Mexico Life

Late notice, but Mahahual is on HGTV's Mexico Life tonight (10/08/17). I just caught the 10PM show. It's on again at 1AM late Sun/early Mon.

Saw lots of great views of the beach & the malecon !! So fun to see all these shows when you've actually been to the places !!

hgtv.com/shows/…angling-toward-mahahual

Mentioned in this post
Mahahual Beach
Mahahual Beach
1,180 Reviews
Mahahual, Mexico
Mexico
Mexico
North America
12 replies to this topic
bemidji minnesota
Level Contributor
7,910 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mahahual on HGTV's Mexico Life

Looks like Puerto Morelos is on next Sunday. :)

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Morelos
Puerto Morelos
Riviera Maya, Mexico
San Mateo...
Destination Expert
for Rincon de Guayabitos
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mahahual on HGTV's Mexico Life

Thanks for the heads up, I haven't been to Mahahual for 2 years so it was nice to see progress, too bad they did not film on a day when a cruse ship was in with thousands of drunks taking over the beach area...Hard to believe the husband talked about not wanting or having a car in such an isolated location...

Mentioned in this post
Mahahual Beach
Mahahual Beach
1,180 Reviews
Mahahual, Mexico
3. Re: Mahahual on HGTV's Mexico Life

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 09 October 2017, 20:35

Texas Gulf Coast...
Level Contributor
6,893 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mahahual on HGTV's Mexico Life

Technically Brandon you cannot "self advertise" here on TA; but I won't say anything. I saw the episode too. Who would have thought that one can buy a 'fixer-upper' in Mexico?? lol However I certainly would NEVER consider paying So Cal or Miami Beach prices for a property in Mexico..... just not gonna happen.

¡Diviértanse!

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
5. Re: Mahahual on HGTV's Mexico Life

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10 October 2017, 17:38

Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
312 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mahahual on HGTV's Mexico Life

Ahhh, great, thanks for that heads-up, MNhasSnow !! I haven't had time to look ahead at the upcoming schedule yet. We love Pto Morelos too !!

Orlando, Florida
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mahahual on HGTV's Mexico Life

We can't advertise our property that we rent on Trip Advisor through a Trip Advisor formum?? That's wierd lol

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,429 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mahahual on HGTV's Mexico Life

I did see the HGTV program and thought that Mahahual looked like my next Mexico trip as I have never been there THEN I started doing some research and found out that the dreaded cruise ships come into the area. I try to avoid places that are ship destinations or ports as over the years they have ruined some of the places in the Caribbean I used to love to travel to.

So, truthfully, during the months of say May and June, how big a nuisance are cruise crowds?

Thanks for advice.

Mentioned in this post
Mahahual Beach
Mahahual Beach
1,180 Reviews
Mahahual, Mexico
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Orlando, Florida
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mahahual on HGTV's Mexico Life

May and June aren't too bad. That is more the season for national travelers. The ships are a lot more infrequent during that time. Maybe only one or two per week. But Mahahual isn't a big ship destination in the first place so it's never really terrible

Mentioned in this post
Mahahual Beach
Mahahual Beach
1,180 Reviews
Mahahual, Mexico
Texas Gulf Coast...
Level Contributor
6,893 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mahahual on HGTV's Mexico Life

After a little research I am glad to see that ADO has three (3) daily departures from both the downtown Cancun terminal to Mahahual -and- the CUN airport for a seemingly reasonable $426 Mxn (one way) price!! Although it is nearly a 5 hour bus ride, I have found the ADO 1st class buses to be quite comfortable and would not hesitate to take them to my final destination.

I guess docbam your and your lovely wife's episode on HGTV has really opened my (and I am sure others') eyes to yet another (currently unspoiled) Mexican beach destination on the Caribbean. Thank you!

¡Diviértanse!

Mentioned in this post
Ado
Ado
569 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Mahahual Beach
Mahahual Beach
1,180 Reviews
Mahahual, Mexico
Cancun
Cancun