I have been to the Riviera Maya before (Bahia Principe, Colonial Palladium) and we just got an amazing deal for a one week trip starting November 7, so we went for it. Any advice? Specific questions:
1. Any thoughts on requesting a building or rooms? I have already said an upper floor, but should I request a building? I don't know the layout. When I went to the Bahia, we did the Royal Golden Club and where we were, I would not have paid extra for that if I had my time back - we were close to the coral-y beach and had quite a walk to get to the sandy beach that we used, besides the fact that our 'ocean-view' was not very much so. I would have been better off saving my money (I don't mind spending extra but I do expect a return for it). So I figure anyone with experience at the Serenis might be able to advise me.
2. Any particular tours being sold in the lobby that are good?
3. I read somewhere that the pools close at 6pm - is this correct?
4. Any a la cartes to recommend?
5. What was your favorite experience at this resort?
I am getting very excited - I cannot wait to go!