We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer from Kelowna airport to Sun Peaks ski resort

Ottawa, Canada
12 posts
Save Topic
Transfer from Kelowna airport to Sun Peaks ski resort

We are planning to go ski at Sun Peaks for the first time this year. The cost of the Sun Peaks shuttle from Kelowna airport costs $150 one way which in total is $600 for 2 adults taxes not included. Is there a cheaper way to get there?

6 replies to this topic
Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
12,243 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer from Kelowna airport to Sun Peaks ski resort

Why are you flying into Kelowna? It's a long way to Sun Peaks , hence the high cost. You need to fly into Kamloops...SP is by Kamloops.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7,478 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer from Kelowna airport to Sun Peaks ski resort

Even renting a car would be cheaper. Kelowna is Big White's and Silver Star's airport and not Sun Peaks. Kamloops is a lot closer

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer from Kelowna airport to Sun Peaks ski resort

The Kamloops airport is a lot closer than Kelowna....however, the Kelowna airport can handle jets, while Kamloops only gets puddle jumpers.....which means that your skis and luggage may not join you on your flight to Kamloops.

And the really bad thing about the shuttle from Kelowna (besides the fact that it costs $175 per) is that the shuttle company reserves the right to cancel the shuttle if they don't have enough bodies....this happened to me. So rent a vehicle, and hope the weather is okay

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
14,900 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer from Kelowna airport to Sun Peaks ski resort

Kamloops can handle jets - it is the volume of passengers that mean you get a Dash8 with usually about 40 seats.

If you still want to go via Kelowna some AC flights from Calgary will be using Dash 8

There is a Calgary to Kamloops route which should be shorter then the ones going to Vancouver but it is all about timing and what rate you want to pay.

Golden, Canada
Destination Expert
for Regina
Level Contributor
4,668 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfer from Kelowna airport to Sun Peaks ski resort

Rent a car or pick a different resort. There must have been a big Sun Peaks promo lately with all these posts popping up on here... Anyhow I'd assume the OP is flying to Kelowna since Kamloops is not exactly ATL when it comes to passenger volume.

Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transfer from Kelowna airport to Sun Peaks ski resort

I'm just answering in case anyone else is looking...

So Kelowna is not ideal for people flying into Sun Peaks, but it's not the worst either. Coming from Australia, I wasn't sure which resort I wanted to visit but I had a small window to book cheap flights and Kelowna gave me the option of Big White, Silver Star, Sun Peaks, and Revelstoke.

We ended up choosing Sun Peaks, and for our first trip driving in winter in BC, we used a limo service. It was $350 each way. Sure it was more expensive than the shuttle, but it wasn't running when we arrived. The limo service was much more flexible, and I wasn't prepared to drive jet-lagged, on the "wrong" side of unfamiliar roads, and in unfamiliar conditions. Compared with hiring a car for 10 days with snow tires and booster seat, the transfer was cheaper by about $300, we just didn't have the flexibility of driving into Kamloops when we felt like it.

These days we fly into Vancouver and hire a car to drive to Sun Peaks. Flights are cheaper for us this way and there are more car rental options.

Reply to: Transfer from Kelowna airport to Sun Peaks ski resort
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sun Peaks