We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer to Sun Peaks including grocery shop

Robina, Australia
Level Contributor
432 posts
123 reviews
Save Topic
Transfer to Sun Peaks including grocery shop

Hi - I'm searching in vain to find any information of this online so wondered if anyone here can help - has anyone used an airport transfer service that will stop at a grocery store in Kamloops before heading up to Sun Peaks? We use a private shuttle service from Kelowna when going to Big White that includes this option and wondered if we can do this in Kamloops?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7,431 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer to Sun Peaks including grocery shop

Try contacting the customer service at Sun Peaks and ask them

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
27,550 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer to Sun Peaks including grocery shop

I've had great success dealing directly with Sun Peaks Tourism. Quick response and very helpful.

I do know there is a grocery store at Sun Peaks that I thought was Ok, and I believe on of the Kamloops stores will deliver.

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
27 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer to Sun Peaks including grocery shop

Hi

we had a couple of weeks in 2016 in January, and will go back to Sun Peaks for two weeks in Feb 2017. On our first trip we took some advice, took a cab from the airport to a Grocery in Kamloops, then back to the airport before boarding the coach transfer. But it wasted a lot of time and the local taxi from airport to grocery and back was expensive.

in 2017 we are booking a van with Kami Cabs to take us from the airport to the Grocery, wait while we shop and then go on to Sun Peaks. The coach transfer was CAD45 per adult each way, so with 4 or more in a party you will have a decent budget to cover a dedicated van charter.

The Bluebird store in Sun Peaks is like a good 7-Eleven. Lots of snacks, dried/packaged goods and necessities but limited selection of meat, fruit and veges. So if you are planning to self-cater then plan to do a decent shop in Kamloops on the way to get your these items sorted. There is a bottle store in Sun Peaks. Beer/cider seemed to be at a fair price (and good selection), but for wine they sold out of the reasonably priced bottles (the Australian reds and NZ whites at sub $15) so the selection was mostly local wines which were expensive (most seemed over $30/bottle! Might be great but not friendly to budget catering. So again visit the BC Liquor store in Kamloops on the way if you want wine.

Sun Peaks does offer a coach trip down to Kamloops on a Saturday that calls at the Grocery store(s) at a reasonable price but it means that one or more of you are going to have to give up a whole day's skiing to restock. We found that we were able to cope with the Bluebird market options for the last few days after we'd run down our original purchases, but make sure you have plenty of recipes that work from cans after the fresh veges have gone!

Best of luck.

Andrew, Auckland NZ

Robina, Australia
Level Contributor
432 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer to Sun Peaks including grocery shop

Very helpful thank you - I have just emailed Kami Cabs to enquire.

British Columbia...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfer to Sun Peaks including grocery shop

lisa we recently used Kamloops Limousine. Their number is 250 572 6006. Absolutely so worth is it if its more than 1 person. They provide your private ride and stop wherever you want to and schedule a pick up on your way back.

6. Re: Transfer to Sun Peaks including grocery shop

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2017, 02:15
Get answers to your questions about Sun Peaks