We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RK Heliski

D.C.
Level Contributor
5 posts
15 reviews
RK Heliski

Stay away from RK Heliski... They put you in large groups with varying levels, don't really assess your level in a realistic way, make you ski down low in the trees, don't keep track of whether you have insurance or not and don't disclose it clearly at the beginning, and we had two of about ten injured in the first two runs. Didn't evacuate us right away because they claimed it wasn't covered, then apologized at the bottom and said it was--sorry! The cattle drive of heliski.

1 reply
Paris, France
Level Contributor
1 post
106 reviews
1. Re: RK Heliski

I totally agree with the above comments. If you look for non professionnal, unfair and inappropriate behavior, chose RK Heliski. I did ski with RK Heliski 15 years ago and was very keen to come again. So did I this March. Although we were very clear on our ski level, capabilities and expectations, we were put at random in groups well below or very much above our level. The guide did not even wait for us when we were a little slower than the fastest skiers of the group. Since we felt it dangerous, we did request a group change that was not accepted. For security reasons, we decided to stop after two short forest runs and were denied any compensation or simple apologies. One of the "guides" was in fact "ski instructor in training" who brought us very often in the tracks of the preceding groups instead of giving us fresh unspoiled snow. The "lunch" was simply unacceptable : very difficult to get a veg. "sandwich" although we asked for it for 5 days, 5 cookies for 11 skiers, etc...

Finally, when we settled our bill, we had very tough time since the verbal commitments relative to the packages were simply "forgotten".

It was difficult to us to believe how much a very nice, professionnaly driven and friendly place could become a place you just want to leave asap.

Reply to: RK Heliski
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Panorama