We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Winston Salem to the airport and vice versa

Boulder
Destination Expert
for Boulder
Level Contributor
1,459 posts
37 reviews
Bus from Winston Salem to the airport and vice versa

Just an FYI for folks traveling to and from Winston-Salem...

I just got back from dropping my son off at Wake Forest University where he will be living and working this summer. I needed to find my own way from Winston-Salem to the Greensboro airport and I decided to give public transportation a try.

There is a PART regional bus that leaves from the transit center in Winston-Salem. The transit center is downtown and the PART bus stops on N Liberty St just south of W 5th. The bus takes you to a small regional transit center where a shuttle picks you up and takes you to the airport. The bus from downtown runs every hour.

The entire journey took 40 minutes and cost $2.40. Yes.... $2.40 For students, it would be only $1.20 with student ID.

This bus service to the airport runs 6am-6:30pm. Apparently if you are flying in, you can call the shuttle to pick you up at the airport and take you to the regional bus station. Here is the web site with the schedule: http://www.partnc.org/route-1/

1 reply
Winston Salem...
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
1. Re: Bus from Winston Salem to the airport and vice versa

Thank you! This is a big help for me planning my upcoming flight.

Reply to: Bus from Winston Salem to the airport and vice versa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Winston Salem