We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay

5 posts
1 review
Where to stay

So my best friend and I (25 year old females) are making a road trip to Wilmington and June, we're just about to book an Airbnb and we can't decide if we should book in downtown Wilmington or if it would be alright to stay about 15 minutes from downtown. Will it be very inconvenient if we have to drive to downtown or should it be alright? We don't plan on drinking so that's not an issue

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
1,503 posts
24 reviews
1. Re: Where to stay

While I would prefer to stay right downtown, Wilmington is pretty easy to navigate so being 10-15 minutes out should not be a problem. That said, some neighborhoods are better than others. I suggest that, once you find a few options that look good, you come back to this Forum for additional advice.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
11,748 posts
156 reviews
2. Re: Where to stay

Agree with above. Also, maybe consider staying at Wrightsville Beach and driving in to Wilmington for evenings out. About a 15-20 minute easy drive or so.

Chapel Hill, NC
Level Contributor
175 posts
52 reviews
3. Re: Where to stay

Staying downtown is really nice because you can walk everywhere along the riverfront. If you stay 15-20 minutes away you will be driving everywhere and the traffic can be difficult. Staying in Wrightsville gives you the beach experience but puts you farther from downtown so it just depends what you are looking for.

4. Re: Where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2018, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Wilmington