We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling from Boston

Boston...
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Topic
Traveling from Boston

Hello- my daughter is interested in going to the University of NC in Wilmington. We have driven there but will be anticipating flying to and from if she ends up attending. I am having trouble finding any direct flights from the Boston area. What I do find are lots of connecting flights from Raleigh, Charlotte and Myrtle Beach. I know this is a popular destination for New Englanders so I am wondering if any one of these options are better than others? I see from both RD and Myrtle beach I can drive there in about 2 hours, so driving there and renting a car is an option too. All I see that flys direct to Myrtle Beach from Boston is Spirit Air which I have never flown; so I would also love some feedback on that airline as well if anyone has experience. Obviously looking for the most cost effective way as it will be quite a few times per year she would be making the trip back and forth. Thanks in advance for any advice....

Meadville...
Level Contributor
1 post
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling from Boston

You might want to try Spirit Airlines from Boston to Myrtle Beach, SC then drive? Allegiant Air has cheap flights too but I know that when I was looking at flying from Pittsburgh to Myrtle Beach..then driving to Wilmington...I had more success with Spirit.com. Good luck!

Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
9,674 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling from Boston

Southwest flies into RDU and pretty much all the big guys. Easy drive from RDU to Wilmington.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,237 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling from Boston

Southwest is the way to go. Also, American flies to ILM (Wilmington) with a connection in LGA, PHL, or CLT.

Whiteville, North...
Level Contributor
59 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling from Boston

They used to do Round trips from ILM on select days...oh well, gotta hate the economy. Anyways, my suggestion is to fly into MYR (Myrtle Beach)...the reason is easy...less traffic...you should be in Wilmington with 1 1/2 hours hopefully. Raleigh is about 2 -2 1/2 hours a way and Charlotte is 3 1/2 hours...

best of luck to you...safe travels and I wish I could have you go to the North End to pick me a slice of pizza~

5. Re: Traveling from Boston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2018, 04:17
Get answers to your questions about Wilmington
Recent Conversations