We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place to stay

ohio
8 posts
Place to stay

We're empty nesters looking to stay within a half hour from Sunset Beach. Would like an efficiency since its just the two of us. We don't golf just need the beach. If the price is right we would like to stay 2 weeks in July, our budget is 500 per week. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
9,733 posts
39 reviews
1. Re: Place to stay

I think that budget is low for a week at the beach. I'd look at condos. Might find something.

Charlotte, North...
Destination Expert
for North Carolina
Level Contributor
3,076 posts
31 reviews
2. Re: Place to stay

This really peaked my curiosity, as I am a big time vacation rental bargain hunter. I've found amazing deals all over the country, but since we own a home at nearby Holden Beach, I've never searched this N.C.-S.C. beach area. Googling condos and other off-beach locations I know of since I'm familiar with the area, I didn't find much, but I did find a few things, one very surprising, that would be considered an exceptional deal for the area. Per TA guidelines, not giving anyone free advertisement, I will private message you what I've found.

Best Wishes.

Charlotte, North...
Destination Expert
for North Carolina
Level Contributor
3,076 posts
31 reviews
3. Re: Place to stay

Sorry, too late to edit, but I was just thinking about my above post, and realized I'm not good at multi-tasking, I should have written "piqued my curiosity", not "peaked my curiosity"! lol.

I hope the finds I sent to you by PM are helpful. I really do believe, even at high season, there are clean, well maintained, acceptable budget accommodations at, or very near most vacation destinations in the U.S.....it takes research, and sometimes you've just got to think outside the box, or be willing to drive a little bit. My motto is, More time on vacation, is better than a short, expensive vacation! Being small business owners, who can sometimes work from remote locations, this has worked well for our family for many years. Friends and family have had a hard time believing what great and long vacations we've taken for very little money. :)

4. Re: Place to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2016, 18:15
Get answers to your questions about Sunset Beach
Recent Conversations