We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tennis

richmond va
Level Contributor
312 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Tennis

I will be staying in Sunset Beach but am the only tennis player in the group... Is there any facility that offers drop-in clinics and/or game matching for tourists? Thanks!

Summertide Adventure Tours
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Kayaking & Canoeing, Fishing Charters & Tours, Boat Tours
Kindred Spirit Mailbox
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
8,219 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tennis

Certainly nothing on the island. Sunset is a really low key beach with the emphasis on sun, sand, and surf and not much beyond that. It's just houses mainly with a few souvenir shops.

I can't recall any public tennis facilities on the mainland, but it's possible. There are several bigger golf communities and I suppose one of them might also have a racket club, but I'm not sure that would be open to the public. You might check in Shallotte if it's really important to you.

Charlotte, North...
Destination Expert
for North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,974 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tennis

There are public courts in Shallotte, at Shallotte District Park

on 5612 Main St. My husband and future SIL played there last weekend, also ended up playing doubles with other people they met while there. Not sure that's the norm, to be able to drive up and find someone to play with, but maybe worth a try. I've been in several of the golf communities near Sunset, and don't remember seeing tennis courts, but I may have missed them. The only place I know of that might be helpful is the Tennis Center in Myrtle Beach, probably 45 minutes to an hour away from Sunset. Perhaps they might know some place closer if you called and asked.

http://www.cityofmyrtlebeach.com/tennis.html

3. Re: Tennis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 April 2016, 07:15
Get answers to your questions about Sunset Beach
Recent Conversations