We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airport transportation

richmond va
Level Contributor
311 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
airport transportation

What is the cost of a taxi to and from the Myrtle Beach Airport? Thanks!

Summertide Adventure Tours
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Kayaking & Canoeing, Fishing Charters & Tours, Boat Tours
Kindred Spirit Mailbox
Points of Interest & Landmarks
3 replies to this topic
Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
8,185 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: airport transportation

I think you'll need to rent a car. I mean you could get a taxi, but then you would have a hard time getting around w/o a car (getting to the grocery store, restaurants) once you got there unless you're meeting folks who have a car.

I have no idea of the cost, but I'm sure you could google some Myrtle Beach taxi companies and call them.

Charlotte, North...
Destination Expert
for North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,970 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: airport transportation

Agree with panchopup. Sunset Beach without a car, would be very difficult, not sure how you'd manage as groceries and restaurants, etc are off the island. If you are just needing a ride from the airport to the island and will have other transportation during your stay, then there are a number of taxi and limo, etc. companies in the area that could get you there. MB airport(in South Myrtle Beach) to Sunset Beach is about an hour's drive, a custom trip, requiring a quote. A Google search pulls up a long list of Myrtle Beach area taxi, etc. companies.

Best Wishes.

Wausau, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,512 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: airport transportation

I took a taxi one way to catch up with relatives already on the island. Traffic was pretty heavy and the trip was 1.5 hours. The quote at the airport was approximately 100 but ended up being 140 for the added time. This trip was a few years ago when gas wasnt 3.60 a gallon. Rent

Edited: 13 August 2014, 15:43
Reply to: airport transportation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sunset Beach
Recent Conversations