We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recent Stay ay Abita, Trapani

Exeter, Devon
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Recent Stay ay Abita, Trapani

My daughter got married in Trapani recently and, based on the forum comments. we booked with Abita.

The apartments are (carefully and sensitively) managed and located in the heart of the old city. The staff are friendly and helpful. Breakfast is comprehensive including waist-blowing fresh local pastries, freshly washed fruit and cappuccino/American to die for.

We had some friends elsewhere in the building and all agreed that our apartment on the ground floor (go with D1, D2, or D3) was superb. We had other friends with us staying literally 200 metres away in a more expensive apartment and their experience was quote, 'dreadful'.

No hesitation about returning in the near future. Thanks to all at Abita for a superb and memorable visit.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
99,433 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Recent Stay ay Abita, Trapani

Congrats to your family! :-)

Thank you so much for your report!

Any chance you would consider copying and pasting in the hotel review section?? - It would be very much appreciated and also help future travellers!

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g494955-d758175…

Kind Regards,

Vagabonda

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Kilkenny
Level Contributor
3,608 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recent Stay ay Abita, Trapani

I was interested to read your experience. I recently spent a night in the 'annexe' round the corner - Casa del Maranaio. These are very basic apartments considerably cheaper than the main Abita palazzo, which was not available. We found the accommodation perfectly fine with effective air conditioning, clean towels, good shower, and loads of space. We could have no complaints for 40 euros, which seems to include breakfast at the Abita, although we did not take advantage of this due to lack of time. The only issue here was no one on hand to speak to about any problems, which is not a complaint (for 40 euros!) just a comment. The staff at the Abita who we dealt with on check in were helpful and pleasant. I would certainly recommend to Casa del maranaio to anyone on a budget.

We also took some time to look around the courtyard of the Abita pallazzo and it did look like a very pleasant place to stay.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
99,433 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Recent Stay ay Abita, Trapani

Hi irishrover,

I would also encourage you to copy what you have written and post in the hotel review section. Many would look there, not check the forums, and miss your very valuable information.

Thank you for your hotel review revdev!

Kind Regards,

Vagabonda

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Kilkenny
Level Contributor
3,608 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recent Stay ay Abita, Trapani

Yes I intend to do that soon.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
99,433 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Recent Stay ay Abita, Trapani

Grazie! :-)

Vagabonda

6. Re: Recent Stay ay Abita, Trapani

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 December 2009, 05:18