We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which airport?

Chicago
Level Contributor
167 posts
Save Topic
Which airport?

Which airport is closest to OBX? Raleigh or Norfolk? Must use a Southwest flight to get there.

Mentioned in this post
Raleigh
Raleigh
North Carolina
Norfolk
Norfolk
Virginia
Amissville, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which airport?

Norfolk For sure

Mentioned in this post
Norfolk
Norfolk
Virginia
Salt Lake City, UT
Level Contributor
908 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which airport?

No contest, ORF is the closest with commercial service. I've used it several times to access the OBX, and I bank on 1 hr 35 min from the destination in Southern Shores, about 10 min from the E end of the Wright Mem Bridge. PHF is the next closest, though I don't believe WN serves it. The drive from RDU, haven't done it myself, but I'm betting 4 hours or so. One slight advantage to RDU would be lesser traffic accessing the OBX from the west rather than the north.

Chicago
Level Contributor
167 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Which airport?

Thanks. ORF it is.

4. Re: Which airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2014, 06:22
Get answers to your questions about Nags Head